ZSL Indonesia Job Vacancy: Human Resources & Administrative Manager, Bogor – West Java
The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
Human Resources & Administrative Manager
Terms and Condition Start Date : July 2018
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : Bogor, West Java.
Reporting to : Head of Operations
Key Purpose of the Job
The Human Resources and Administrative Manager will work under the direction of the Head of Operations and in coordination and collaboration with the project technical staff. The Human Resources and Administrative Manager will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision anddelivery of all required project administrative support to the execution of the ZSL Indonesia Project Activities. The Human Resources and Administrative Manager will also provide leadership, management, and supervision of project human resources and operations systems, policies, and administration as outlined below.
The Human Resources and Administrative Manager will be based in Bogor, West Java.
Responsibility for Resources
The HR and Admin Manager will report directly to the Head of Operations in Bogor. The post holder will be responsible for managing HR & Admin Unit Team members in National and site offices.
The Human Resources and Admin Manager is expecting to ensure the operational strategies in HR & Admin Unit are well managed. Responsible to maintain and improve organization’s human resources, administrations, procurement by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating human resources, administration, procurement policies & procedures, program, and practices to meet ZSL Indonesia’s standard also its partner regulations and expectations.
Main duties and key responsibilities
Human Resources Unit
- Provide strategic oversight of the Human resources function to meet organizational requirements, in alignment with ZSL international HR priorities, values, policies and principles from recruitment, induction through to exit.
- Develop operational plan for Human Resources and Administration functions following the country and global strategy together with other SMT members.
- Responsible of the implementation of ZSL Indonesia HR Employment Handbook practices and ensuring compliance with Indonesia Labor Law
- Support the Senior HR Business Partner to Develop the employment structure, job grading and salary benchmark together with Head of Operations in accordance to the development agencies market
- To Ensure all staffs are familiar with conditions of employment and HR Polices Procedure
- In conjunction with the Head office organizational development and HR team, Develop, implements and monitors overall ZSL Indonesia’s staffs training and development programmes in conjunction with line managers aligning to organizational competencies, overall learning and development plan of staffs
- Provide leadership and direction for the implementation of compensation programs and policies, provide oversight for analysis and recommendations for benefits and compensation related budget initiatives; ensures staff termination and severance administration/calculations are within polices and legal requirements
- Responsible for the ZSL Indonesia occupational health & safety management system; including risk management, incident management, first aid programme and worker compensation and rehabilitation;
- Monitors and reviews staff payroll and ensures that computation of salaries/wages is based on accurate and updated data
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the staff performance review and provide a support for the performance Development Review (PDR) process which closely coordinate with each line managers and Staffs
- Responsible for oversight and leadership in national office recruitment. In consultation with the HR Head Quarters, confirm appointments and ensure optimal candidate selection and to lead the performance plan and evaluation process, ensuring that the agreed goals of staff are aligned to the annual operating plan.
Administration & Procurement Unit
- Oversees and carries out the necessary activities related to the overall efficient and management of the office
- Ensure effective administration processes and procedures are in place to ensure efficiency and accountabilities in Admin & Procurement business processes.
- Ensure effective information management processes are in place including archiving
- Ensure global IT policies for country offices are implemented, appropriate technology adopted, guarantee effective security systems and networking requirements, and ensure effective implementation of disaster recovery plans
- Responsible for management of organizational equipment (vehicles, office machines, etc) and facilities, to include maintenance oversight/coordination, insurance negotiation and management and budget development.
- To ensure that all procurement requested are well implemented in timely manner according to budget cost, ZSL Standard and Operating Procedures
- Ensuring that all asset and inventory are well managed as well as to identify the asset which are planning to be disposed
- The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email.
- The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
- The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
- This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Bogor, West Java. However, travel to field sites and other ZSL offices will be required.
Expectations of post holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum 10 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO, Development Aid Agencies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, skills, strong coaching skills and excellent analytical; and
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in managing organization change.
- Excellent understanding of office administration practices and contract negotiation
- Proven managerial skills and ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills, sound reasoning based on standard human resources principles and practices.
- Strong confidentiality ethic demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government Institutions.
- Knowledge of Human Resources process and procedure.
- Excellent knowledge of government regulation related man power regulation.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated;
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities;
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English;
- Able to deal with tide schedule and unscheduled tasks and target oriented.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than June 04th, 2018, to [email protected] cc’d [email protected], placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.