ZSL Indonesia Job Vacancy: Finance and Accounting Officer – Bogor, West Java
The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
Finance and Accounting Officer
Terms and Condition Start Date : July 2018
Duration of Contract : One-year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : Bogor, West Java.
Reporting to : Head of Finance
Key Purpose of the Job
The Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible to conduct financial accounting duties and provide support to the Finance Unit of ZSL Indonesia office.
The Finance & Accounting Officer will be based in Bogor, West Java with possibility travel to ZSL IP field offices in Palembang and Jambi.
Responsibility for Resources
The Finance & Accounting Officer will report directly to Head of Finance and indirectly to Deputy Country Manager
The Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. S/He conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and the ZSL Financial Rules.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks;
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts;
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers;
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions;
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for ZSL Indonesia Programme in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures;
- Prepare financial reports for donor(s);
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation,
- Prepare invoice to the projects for services and cost share;
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues;
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls as well as prepare and coordinate financial audit;
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations;
- Knowledge of Indonesia Tax Law.
- Perform duties as required
- The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email.
- The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
- The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
- This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Bogor, West Java.
Expectations of post holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to embrace working under pressure
- Ability to work in quickly and efficiently in protection sensitive environments
- Excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Finance & Tax regulation
- Knowledge of Quick-books/Sun-Systems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus
- General Accepted Accounting Policy (GAAP)
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools, including the ability in operating Quick Books or other Accounting Software
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
- Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks and target oriented.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than June 04th, 2018, to email@example.com cc’d Lydia.Chandra@zsl.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.