Zoological Society of London Job Vacancy: Deputy Country Director, Bogor – West Java
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The Zoological Society of London is (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned center of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realized by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL Indonesia is a highly diverse programme with projects involving climate change, public-private-people partnerships, sustainable landscape management, in addition to species conservation (namely the Sumatran tiger), protected area management, and combatting wildlife crime. We are now looking for:
Deputy Country Director
Terms and Condition
Duty Station: Bogor, West Java
Reporting to: Country Director
ZSL Indonesia is seeking a dynamic and highly experienced individual at a senior level, working closely with the Country Director and the Head of Asia to lead and support the ZSL Indonesian programme. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an innovative and adaptable individual with extensive management experience to assist the Country Director in developing and delivering a suite of projects, streamlining the current operations in line with the highest standards prescribed by ZSL head office and external donors and stakeholders.
The post-holder will report to the Country Director of Indonesia and will manage a team of staff based at our Head office in Bogor, Java and in our field project in Sumatra.
- Work closely with the Country Director and ZSL-Asia Programme Directorate in developing the vision and strategy for ZSL’s work in Indonesia;
- Supervise the development of database and when required, clearing house mechanism;
- Ensure that all fieldwork activities are implemented according to procedures and guidelines;
- Support the Country Director in the supervision and coordination of synergized landscape-based conservation works under existing and future programme/projects;
- Support the Country Director to ensure ZSL Indonesia obligations to Indonesia’s Ministry of Environment and Forestry as stated on MoU are met;
- Coordinate with the Country Director and ZSL-HQ in London to ensure clear and timely communications;
- Recruit and manage staff including, performance monitoring, mentoring, and training;
- Develop, plan and monitor risk management for ZSL supported projects and;
- Ensure systematic and timely M&E of ZSL Indonesia activities in coordination with M&E Unit
The post-holder should have a proven track record in integrated development and conservation project management in Asia with experience dealing with large scale projects and large-scale donor management and/or a higher degree in an appropriate subject such as conservation biology, environmental economics, conservation/development policy or a related discipline.
Candidates should also have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing database & CHM
- Demonstrated experience implementing species conservation or sustainable landscape programs, in developing of HCVF
- Broad and current knowledge of biodiversity conservation issues ideally in South East Asia, with specialist knowledge in at least one of the current work streams of ZSL Indonesia (Climate Change, Conservation Science and Management, Production Landscape Management);
- Proven experience at a senior level, managing and implementing programmes in an international setting;
- Strong leadership skills with proven history of managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, design, planning and monitoring;
- Sound experience of financial management and timely reporting to donors.
Please Note: The position will be based at ZSL’s offices in Bogor – Indonesia and will involve significant travel to relevant countries including our Main offices in London, Regents Park.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the “Apply for this job online” button on the following link: CLICK HERE
If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, February 03rd, 2019
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.