Yayasan Satu Karsa Karya Job Vacancy: Social Accountability Specialist – Kupang, NTT
Yayasan Satu Karsa Karya (YSKK) in affiliation with Barnfonden (ChildFund Alliance) and supported by European Union (EU) is currently seeking:
Position: Social Accountability Specialist
Project: “Strengthening civil society and social accountability for improved access to quality, inclusive ECD services in NTT”
Based: Kupang city Based (with intensive travelling to Kupang, East Sumba, and Southwest Sumba districts)
Type: Full Time
Duration: 24 months
The Social Accountability Specialist is responsible to provide technical expertise and ensuring the quality of social accountability strategy to develop the well-resourced inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD)centers through empowered Civil Society Organization (CSOs) and Community Based Organization (CBOs) that influence local authority (LAs) and ECD budgeting processes (village to district level) in the entitled EU funded project“Strengthening civil society and social accountability for improved access to quality, inclusive ECD services in NTT.”
The project focuses on capacity building, empowerment, and coaching to CSOs and LAs and in Kupang, South West Sumba and East Sumba Districts. Social Accountability Specialist will be seconded by YSKK to Barnfonden. It is expected that the Social Accountability Specialist commences in the role from March 1, 2019.
- Developing training of trainer (ToT) module and facilitating this ToT on advocacy, local planning, and budgeting process for CSOs (SID and LPMM) as guidance for both CSOs to deliver the cascading trainings to village LAs and CBOs.
- Developing training/workshop module on planning processes and ECD budgeting for district and sub district LAs with CSOs (SID and LPMM) and facilitating the training/workshop with CSOs.
- Developing mentoring plan for the CSOs referred to the MEAL Plan of the project.
- Coaching and mentoring of CSOs to develop practical guidance, facilitate the cascading training to village LAs and CBOs, mentoring the CBOs (ECD Committees), and monitoring and evaluate the process and result.
- Providing technical assistance for the CSOs to lobby the District Education Office at 3 districts for getting financial support for tutors.
- Supporting ECD Specialist and CSO Project Managerin any activities related with advocacy in province and national level.
- Ensuring that the implementation of all planned social accountability activities and program is on time and according to the expected outcomes set up in the project’s logical framework.
- Leading Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEAL) activities for the social accountability componentsof the project. This will include periodic facilitation of MEAL activities in liaison with related parties both internally (ECD Specialist and CSO Project Manager) and externally.
- Analyzing data, share relevant lessons learnt on social accountability and make appropriate technical recommendations to improve the impact of the project on the delivery ofsocial accountability development on ECD.
Reporting & Knowledge Management
- Ensuring that lessons learned from the project activities are identified and documented.
- Submitting timely and good quality reports based on Barnfonden’s and donor’s reporting requirements.
- To actively ensure that the Child Safeguarding Policy is applied and adhered to by all members of the project team and stakeholders.
- The other duty as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social, economic, education, or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Having strong understanding and experience in assisting government (village to district level) planning and budgeting making that are participative and responsive to ECD.
- Having ability and experience of policy making, advocacy, development planning processes and budgeting.
- Having strong ability and experience about participative training facilitation technique for CSOs and LAs.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Preferable to have excellent written communication skills in English and fluency in a local language.
- Must be able to travel to program locations and other assigned places
YSKK seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and kids. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, particularly in women and kids programme, to apply.
Please submit your letter of application and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10 January 2019 with email subject: SA Specialist. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Application received after the deadline will not be considered.