World Health Organization Job Vacancy: Data Assistant For MR – SIA, Jakarta
Title: Data Assistant for Measles Rubella Supplementary Immunization Activity (MR-SIA), EPI Programme
Duty Station: Jakarta (Indonesia)
Location: WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Jakarta
Grade: Level 4 (SSA – support function)
Duration: 6 (six) months
Contract type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Annual salary: In accordance with WHO salary scale for SSA (support function at level 4)
In 66th meeting of SEAR Regional Committee in September 2013 in New Delhi resolved to adopt the goal of measles elimination and rubella/CRS control in South East Asia Region by 2020. In order to achieve the regional goals, some objectives have been set up:
- Achieve and maintain at least 95% population immunity with two doses against measles and rubella within each district of each country in region through routine/or supplementary immunization.
- Develop and sustain and timely case-based measles and rubella and CRS surveillance system in each country in the region that fulfils recommended surveillance performance indicators.
- Develop and maintains a WHO proficient measles and rubella laboratory network that support every country in the region.
- Strengthen support and linkages to achieve the above three strategic objectives.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities for MR campaign immunization data from all provinces / reporting unit into databases.
- Maintain the MR campaign immunization data report coverage and analysis of immunization indicator.
- Update and Maintain database of MR campaign data for daily-weekly analysis.
- Identify problems with data quality and communicate issues with program staff, data assistant and data coordinator.
- Assist and supporting data coordinator as required for data analysis.
- Assist with MR campaign Immunization data review and cleanup to maintain overall data integrity.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Support in Daily, Weekly and Monthly bulletin to produce MR campaign report.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Essential: At least three (3) years’ experience in public health area of works
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
Expert knowledge of reading, writing and speaking in English
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment. Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- The applicants should submit one copy of WHO Personal History Form (PHF).
- The applicants should submit a brief summary giving details of relevant work experience and qualifications. Vacancy Notice number should be mentioned on the application and separate applications are required for more than one vacancy.
- Applicants from the United Nations or Specialized Agencies should apply through their Personnel Officers, and should attach completed personal history forms.
- Applications should be addressed to the WHO Country Office (Attention: Human Resources Unit – Recruitment) at Dr Adhyatma Building, Ministry of Health, Block A – 6th Floor (Room No. 602), Jl. HR Rasuna Said Blok X-5 Kav. 4-9, Jakarta 12950 and email@example.com
- A written test, using computer, will be held for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide applicant’s eligibility to appear in the interview. WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
- The shortlisted candidates will be contacted only if under serious consideration.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO does not recruit smokers.
- Please contact the Human Resource Unit (Recruitment), WCO Indonesia, Jakarta, for any further details.
- We only accept applications from nationals of Indonesia. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of Indonesia.
- Closing Date: 08 May 2018