Water International – Water Connect Project Job Vacancy: Program Manager, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Water Connect [KK1] Program Management (80%)
- Oversee Water Connect direct engagement and/or adoption partnerships and achievement of program objectives to reach BOP.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage Water Connect direct engagement and/or adoption programs, work plans and partnership agreements between institutional organizations/their utility partners and Water.org.
- Provide additional technical assistance to utilities as needed to operationalize Water Connect approaches with PDAMs and can successfully implement Water Connect independently. Assist utilities in designing and conducting appropriate internal change management.
- Troubleshooting and providing utility and institutional partners with recommendations to overcome any arisen challenges in implementing Water Connect program. Identify and propose possible action plans to remove bottlenecks and constraints at direct and adoption levels of partnerships.
- Contract consultants (hired as necessary) to provide services to utilities under the program i.e. Development and refinement of Water Connect adoption Training of the Trainer (ToT) materials and curriculum and train water utilities operational managers and/or through their associations.
- Maintain regular communications with partners; provide program management and technical assistance. Ensure partners are allocating adequate resources and personnel for successful project completion and integration within their organizations ensuring sustainability of utility WSS financing. Conduct regular monitoring visits.
- Identify constraints and propose mitigates to escalate the flow of public and private capitals to utilities. Areas include policy/regulations and decision-makers influence to change and shift the PDAM sector mind-set. Incubate utility financing effort to increase flow of financing to PDAMs and make program approaches ready for scaling.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other Water.org Program Managers responsible for Water Credit programs. Present to FIs information about opportunities for investment in utilities for potential collaborations. Develop collaborative agreements with FIs if needed. Link water utilities with FIs under the Water Credit Program of Water.org so that the customers can get financing from such FIs to pay the required water connection fee.
- Maintain regular contact with Water.org USA Portfolio Managers to submit partner progress and reports any address issues impacting achievement of program deliverables.
- Develop Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) work plan and program documents in collaboration with Water.org USA Portfolio Managers and MEL team. Document program lessons learned and case studies. Produce Water Connect collaterals.
Scaling-up Water Connect Program (20%)
- Further conduct assessment and identify strong institutional partnerships with the potential to expand utility WSS services/access for their customers via adoption approach.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Identify key stakeholders that have strong influence & decision-makers and current institutional organizations’ PDAM programs to allow Water.org to scale the Water Connect program through its current partners and via direct, adoption, and system-change approaches.
- Propose new types of adoption partnerships to significantly increase Water.org impact in terms of people reached and capital mobilized towards WSS financing with utilities (individual household financing and infrastructure investment). Support the Senior Program Manager in designing new adoption strategies and partnerships.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master Degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of relevant experience with utilities, especially PDAM change management.
- Experience utilities financial operations especially connecting new connections to BOP via utility-led WSS financing. Experience in assisting PDAMs in securing commercial finance is a plus. Understanding of how PDAMs and FIs should work together to increase flow of household financing is a must.
- Deep understanding of the landscape of PDAMs, especially the challenges and constraints on expanded PDAM WSS services and alternative financing sources for utilities to mobilize to improve water infrastructures.
- Experience in working with Ministry of Public Works and Housing and strong understanding about government infrastructure approval and expense processes. Ability to identify other key water players for opportunities to collaborate.
- Exceptional project management experience and entrepreneurial & opened mindset.
- Proven track record proactively identifying challenges and developing innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results working in a small team and playing a variety of roles.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50% of local, in-country travel throughout Indonesia.
This is a two-year contract position with strong potential for extension and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV and a cover letter indicating their interest to: , copying firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, before December 31, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not attempt to contact Water.org about the status of your application.