USAID – SEA Project Indonesia Job Vacancy: Fishery Data Officer, Cibinong
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
JOB TITLE: Fishery Data Officer
The Head of Research Institute for Marine Fisheries (Balai Riset Perikanan Laut) and USAID-SEA Sustainable Fishery Advisor
Researchers of Research Institute for Marine Fisheries and enumerators
Office of Research Institute for Marine Fisheries, Cibinong
The Fishery Database Officer (FDO) will manage the e-BRPL fishery database at BRPL’s office. The position includes review and report fish monitoring data submission by USAID-SEA Project’s partners to ensure submitted data are in line with the protocol, format and timeline. The Fishery Database Officer (FDO) will be assigned under the Research Institute for Marine Fisheries (Balai Riset Perikanan Laut), MMAF and work closely with the researchers of Research Institute for Marine Fisheries and the USAID SEA Project Sustainable Fisheries Advisor.
The FDO specifically will:
- Verify fish monitoring data to ensure data collected in accordance with the standard operational procedure developed by the Research Institute for Marine Fisheries (Balai Riset Perikanan Laut).
- Report immediately any bias and discrepancy in the data submitted.
- Monitor fish monitoring data submission by USAID-SEA partners.
- Coordinate and communicate with partners and enumerators to ensure timely data submission and compliance.
- Conduct analysis needed for the purpose of stock assessment and fishery management.
- Monitor and record all information that may assist the understanding of the scientific team about changes that may occur in the operations of the fishing fleets. This includes reporting significant changes in fishing effort (e.g. sudden decreases or increases in number of active vessels or vessels changing gears), changes in fishing behaviours (e.g. vessels moving to fish in new areas), and any factors that have significant impacts on the amount of catch landings
- Ensure confidentiality of all the data and information collected through the program.
- Ensure that the data is stored properly, backed up and shared with the USAID SEA Project team.
- Conduct fieldtrips as requested.
- Undertake other related tasks, as requested.
The Fishery Database Officer will report directly to Head of Research Institute for Marine Fisheries (Balai Riset Perikanan Laut), or other assigned senior researcher, and the USAID-SEA Project Sustainable Fishery Advisor.
Undergraduate or Master degree in fishery resource management or related field with excellent skills in fishery database operation.
- Has at minimal two years of working, preferably in related field
- Excellent in operating and managing fishery database.
- Familiar with R and Latex to do statistical analysis and reporting
- Familiar with fish monitoring
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal relationships with all co-workers
- Able to work independently and in a team.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your latest CV (no later than 10 pages) to : Jobs@SEA-Indonesia.org before January 14, 2019. Please note the title of the position you are applying for in your submission email.