Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer
terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The USAID Jalin Project
Scope of Work
Senior International Impact Investment Advisor
The USAID Jalin Project (hereafter referred to as “Jalin” or the “Project”) is a five-year initiative implemented by DAI Global, LLC and its consortium of partners – IntraHealth, Vital Strategies, and Market Share Associates – to work with USAID to facilitate and support partnerships through a co-creation process that brings together a diverse range of public and private sector actors to leverage domestic resources, increase the pace at which reliable local evidence is made widely available and utilized to design and implement local maternal and newborn health (MNH) solutions.
Jalin will contribute to a MNH movement in Indonesia that: (a) brings together actors, including those traditionally outside the health system, to use local evidence and global best practices to co-create, test and adapt local solutions; (b) addresses evidence gaps by identifying where and why maternal and newborn deaths are happening and uses that information to co-define and create local solutions; (c) engages the public and private sectors to co-finance scalable local solutions to support partnerships and ensure that the poor and vulnerable have access to essential services; (d) catalyzes new and existing partnerships, local solutions and co-investment through a whole-of-market approach across the projects areas of technical focus; and (e) fosters a culture of learning and adaptation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior International Impact Investment Advisor (IIIA) will report to the Market Systems Director, who reports to the COP. The main thrust of the work of this team member will be to work closely with the Market Systems and Partnership teams to identify potential sources of investment capital to enable the growth of health services providers whose area of intervention has a dynamic, sustainable, and scalable impact on MNH. The IIIA will seek and obtain capital investment funds in Indonesia and abroad and will support team efforts to blend impact investment funding with bank or non-bank/MFI loans and grants from CSR or other funding providers.
Scope of Work:
- Working closely with the Partnerships and Technical teams, identify those Jalin co-creation partners which could attract and benefit from impact investment capital.
- Based on these judgments, identify appropriate sources of impact investment funds which might judge these opportunities sufficiently bankable to offer to invest;
- Work with the other Jalin teams to determine the expected return on investment of such impact investment capital, including the effect of blending with other sources of funding.
- Support the negotiation process between the potential investor and the firm(s) which require a capital infusion to achieve scalability and sustainability and which can expect to have a real impact on maternal and new born mortality.
- Work with the Jalin MERLA team to develop a plan to monitor the effect of an impact investment on the Jalin co-creation partner. This should include both proximate and long term indicators of the success or failure of the enterprise and pf the effect of the investment on the outcome for the firm as well as its impact on MNH.
- University qualification in business, banking, economics or a similar field
- Experience in investment promotion both in Indonesia and abroad and a record of success in generating investment of private funds in Indonesian businesses
- Understanding of the rules and regulations governing private investment capital and its use in Indonesia
- Familiarity with private sector health finance, if possible
- Good mastery of basic investment analysis calculations (IRR, ROI, etc.)
- Fluent writing and speaking skills in English
- Experience abroad in economic or investment promotion, preferably in South or SE Asia.
Interested and qualified applicants could send the cover letter and CV at the latest on Friday, July 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior International Impact Investment Advisor” in the subject line and specify the availability date in the CV.