USAID Jalin Project Job Vacancy: Market Systems Director, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
USAID Jalin Project
Scope of Work
Market Systems Director
The USAID Jalin Project (hereafter referred to as “Jalin” or the “Project”) is a five-year initiative implemented by DAI Global, LLC and its consortium of partners – IntraHealth, Vital Strategies, and Market Share Associates – to work with USAID to facilitate and support partnerships through a co-creation process that brings together a diverse range of public and private sector actors to leverage domestic resources, increase the pace at which reliable local evidence is made widely available and utilized to design and implement local maternal and newborn health (MNH) solutions.
Jalin will contribute to a maternal and newborn health movement in Indonesia that: (a) brings together actors, including those traditionally outside the health system, to use local evidence and global best practices to co-create, test and adapt local solutions; (b) addresses evidence gaps by identifying where and why maternal and newborn deaths are happening and uses that information to co-define and create local solutions; (c) engages the public and private sectors to co-finance scalable local solutions to support partnerships and ensure that the poor and vulnerable have access to essential services; (d) catalyzes new and existing partnerships, local solutions and co-investment through a whole-of-market approach across the projects areas of technical focus; and (e) fosters a culture of learning and adaptation.
The Market Systems Director, reporting to the USAID-Jalin COP, will lead a team of four specialists to leverage market systems to improve MNH outcomes and further the sustainability of local solutions.
The fours specialists include:
- Senior International Impact Investment Advisor
- Business Development Services/Support Specialist
- Public Financial Management specialist
- Investment Specialist
While concentrating on the health and mortality among mothers and new-born infants, USAID-Jalin will take a market-driven approach to find solutions to improve maternal and newborn services, reducing mortality. The Market Systems Director will lead the efforts to identify and solve the problems which USAID-Jalin notes in its work.
Scope of Work:
- Lead all market systems-related activities to identify and develop market-based solutions to gaps and/or problems around MNH goods and services.
- Lead design and development of market-driven solutions to improve MNH outcomes.
- Work closely with the Partnerships Director to mentor and lead co-creation partners (both private for-profit companies and health sector CSOs) to find and implement market-driven solutions to issues in their business model or performance.
- Work closely with the MERLA Director to ensure effective monitoring of all market-related intervention to measure success or failure, and manage resources appropriately.
- Serve as a member of the Jalin Senior Management Team, reporting to the Chief of Party, and contribute to overall success of Jalin coordination.
- Other duties as assigned
- University qualification in economics, marketing, business, or other related field
- Experience in a range of market-based work: investment promotion, access to finance, BDS, value chain analysis, etc.
- At least five years’ experience leading and coordinating teams.
- Acquaintance with Indonesian business conditions
- Some understanding of the Indonesian health sector and of health finance is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Interested and qualified applicants could send the cover letter and CV at the latest on Friday, July 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Market Systems Director” in the subject line and specify the availability date in the CV.