UNICEF Job Vacancy: Child Survival & Development Specialist, Banda Aceh – Indonesian
Job Number: 512177
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Banda Aceh – Indonesia
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Child Survival and Development
A steadily growing economy isn’t benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children’s chances can vary dramatically depending on their families’ wealth or where they live.
We provide opportunities to work with professionals from different countries, expand your knowledge base, and grow professionally within the organization.
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Field Office Aceh, the CSD Specialist is responsible for the development, coordination, management, planning and implementation of the health, nutrition and WASH programmes of UNICEF Indonesia in the province of Aceh . The post will provide strategic leadership in the delivery of technical assistance of the programme, innovation and knowledge sharing in these sectors to effectively respond to developmental needs of children and women in Indonesia. In close collaboration with government partners and other stakeholders, the CSD Specialist will be accountable for facilitating timely evidence-generation, policy development and scale up of evidence-based interventions, ensuring alignment with the UNICEF-Government of Indonesia Country Programme Action Plan and national programme priorities. In addition to providing support and supervision to CSD team in field office, s/he will be responsible for direct technical support to the CSD programmes in the field office.
- Timely sectoral analysis, input and support contributing to the situation analysis and its periodic update for effective programme planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions are made to the development of policy advice and integrated strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnerships.
- Work plan and output(s) are strategically established, implementation support is effectively provided, and planned results are delivered in a timely manner through application of technical expertise.
- Health innovations and demonstration modelling are monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of programme delivery and sustainability.
- Quality technical assistance provided to government and NGOs and all other partners at various stages of sub national-led programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including capacity building of government’s and NGOs personnel, and ensuring its integration with other key programmes.
- The capacities of Field Offices’ staff are strengthened through effective capacity building support in the development, implementation and management of the health, nutrition and WASH programmes.
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Child Survival & Development.
- Effective working relationships with internal and external counterparts are kept maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking
- Relevant and strategic information is kept available to support the CSD programme by the effective implementation of an integrated monitoring system.
- Required programme/project reports are prepared in a timely manner and in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
- Day-to-day coordination of health, WASH, nutrition programme in the FO and other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- At least five years of professional work experience at the subnational and national levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to health, nutrition or WASH. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development.
- An Advanced Degree in Health or related field and in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Medicine, Health Research, International Health, Health Policy and Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Family Health, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Nursing or a field relevant to international development assistance in Health. Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Field work experience required
- Background/familiarity with emergency and gender mainstreaming.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at CLICK HERE
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This is a re-. Applicants who had previously applied will be considered and need not re-apply.
“This vacancy notice maybe considered for other locations”
Opening Date Fri May 18 2018 08:30:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Jun 03 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE