UNHCR Job Vacancy: Administrative Assistant, Jakarta – Indonesian
UNHCR Representation in Indonesia is looking for an Administrative Assistant (Fixed Term Appointment, G-4) with the following details:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Search and retrieve office files, and reproduce documentation and background material for reference and action by the supervisor, as and when required;
- Receive, registrer, route correspondence and office pouch. Maintain a follow up system;
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology;
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation;
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately;
- Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds;
- Following instruction from the supervisor make logistics and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division;
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time;
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary by the supervisor/or senior manager in order to meet the level of the services in the organization;
- Perform other duties as required.
Cross-Functional Competencies: Analytical thinking.
Education: Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
Experience: Minimum 4 years (for secondary education holder) or 3 years (for secondary education and certificate/training holder) of previous job experience relevant to the function. Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment or UN is an added asset.
Nationality: Citizen of Indonesia; Non-citizen with Indonesian permanent residence.
Languages: Excellent knowlegde of English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and spoken) is essential
Desirable skills: Good knowledge of UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes; Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft); Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to the field office administration; Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position. Knowledge of other UN or local languages
Candidates who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their motivation letter, CV, and completed Personal History/P.11 form (available at HERE), to UNHCR Indonesia at:
Menara Ravindo Lt. 14
Jl. Kebon Sirih Kav. 75
Or via email to INSJAHR@unhcr.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 MAY 2018