UCLG ASPAC Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant, Jakarta
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Vacancy No: UCLG ASPAC/015/XI/2018
Post Title: Executive Assistant
Division: Head of the Bureau of the Secretary General
Duty Station: UCLG ASPAC Secretariat
Duration: One-year contract and extendable
Date Posted: Monday, 26th November 2018
Closing Date Monday, 10th December 2018 (Jakarta Time: 23:59)
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO) and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 cities and local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programs, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising local economic development, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, municipal finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment and good governance.
Following the expansion of its Secretariat and to support the increased cooperation of cities and local governments, UCLG ASPAC is inviting professional and dynamic people to fill in the newly created and opened positions. UCLG ASPAC is recruiting Executive Assistant (EA) for a one-year (1) period with possibility of extension, based on satisfactory performance. The Post assign to provide high quality personal and administrative assistance to the Secretary General and in support of wider operations. The EA reports directly to the Secretary General (SG).
Objective and goal:
- To be responsible for being the main point of contact of SG in her relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- To be responsible for managing SG’s daily diaries to ensure effective and efficient day-to-day activities of the SG’s Bureau.
The EA will be directly supervised by the SG of UCLG ASPAC, and will be supported by relevant managers and/or coordinators/officers. She/he will undertake the following tasks:
- Manage SG’s daily schedules in effective and efficient manner;
- Arrange and organize SG’s meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support SG in technical, administrative and communication related work, such as: correspondences, collecting information, initiating telecommunications, boosting the social media coverage, etc;
- Organize SG’s memos, emails, presentations, reports and other relevant documents;
- Develop and maintain SG’s filing and contact inventory;
- Arrange SG’s travels and permit documents;
- Perform other administrative and secretarial duties as requested by the SG in well-organized and timely manners.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of similar professional experience;
- Has working experience in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities;
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies and/or development partners.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office.
- Familiar with social media outreach.
Other skills and competency:
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Multi-tasking with ability to work under pressure;
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics;
- Be willing to travel when required.
The post will be supervised by the Secretary General and have close coordination with other Head of Divisions, and supported by relevant managers and/or coordinators/officers.
How to apply
- Please submit the application letter, state salary expectation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.