The Rainforest Alliance Job Vacancy: Replacement Due To Employee Leaving, Jakarta
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
Vacancy Reason: Replacement due to employee leaving
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Unit: Landscapes and Livelihoods, Indonesia
Reports to: Indonesia Country Lead
Status: Full-time, one year contract with possibility of extension
The Manager, Community and Smallholder Forestry will develop and maintain relationships, lead on local strategy, and lead the implementation of Rainforest Alliance’s Community and Smallholder Forestry work in Indonesia. This will include building out the community forest enterprise (CFE) strategy and the supervision of project activities supporting CFE development across the archipelago, as well as efforts to connect smallholder forestry operations with preferred markets. In addition to assisting with ongoing project implementation, s/he will contribute to the development of new forestry initiatives in Indonesia.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with Rainforest Alliance CFE partners, platforms, NGOs, (local) government(s), and other stakeholders in Indonesia to contribute to sustainable forest management and market linkages;
- Supervise the implementation of funded community forestry projects in Indonesia to enhance the capacity of smallholder and community forestry operations, working together with local partners;
- Lead work planning, progress and financial reporting and performance monitoring of assigned funded projects, ensuring a timely and on budget implementation of deliverables;
- Provide direct technical support to local partners implementing field activities under sub-grants;
- Oversee the contracting and quality of implementation of consultancies and sub-grants according to Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures;
- In close collaboration with the Indonesia Country Lead, the Director, Asia Pacific, the Rainforest Alliance fundraising department and other departments, identify funding opportunities and develop and secure long-term funding for CFE programs in Indonesia;
- Ensure effective communications about the forestry work with colleagues within Indonesia, within Asia Pacific and globally as needed;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at key events, presentations, policy forums and round tables and communicate program achievements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in natural resource management or related field;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management, planning and monitoring;
- Field-level experience in community forestry ideally with a focus on enterprise development;
- Proven experience in developing partnerships and stakeholder management;
- Thorough understanding of community/indigenous issues;
- Experience in design of proposals and projects;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent communication skills – written, presentation and verbal;
- Native fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, written and verbal proficiency in English required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependable, strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time.
- Managing: Propagates the desired culture; inspires the team by propagating faith in the future and the expertise of each team member
- Inspiration: is inspiring through attitude and behavior
- Team working: Uses and maximizes the expertise and talents of others. Looks for opportunities to collaborate with other departments to develop efficiencies and
- Analytical ability: Quickly identifies bottlenecks and obstacles and finds solutions aligned with the organizations vision and strategy
- Situation awareness: Has a strong sense of trends and recognizes the potential therein for the job and/or organization.
Commensurate with experience
Only Candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered
How to apply?
Send resume, cover letter and salary history in one single document to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, E-mail: [email protected]
If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.