The Forest Trust Job Vacancy: Senior Spatial Analyst – Jakarta, Indonesian
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
- Provide thorough analysis and recommendations for TFT and clients by creating strong forest/farm/plantation estate management plan programs for their companies;
- Coach the HCS and HCV studies at TFT project sites;
- Assist and train TFT’s clients to create, monitor and evaluate an Integrated Land Use Plan.
- Write reports for internal and external audiences;
- Coach the assessor of companies’ performance against international standards;
- Familiar with international standards of various certification schemes, such as the FSC, PEFC, RSPO, ISPO etc. is a plus
Graduate / Master’s degree in related field;
- Minimum of 7 / 4 years experiences Strong skills for techniques of sampling, surveying, data analysis and management systems of biodiversity;
- Site Conservation Planning and Participatory Conservation Planning;
- Landscape analysis;
- Sufficient GIS and statistic data analysis skills;
- Familiar with tropical forest restoration principles;
- Familiar with laws and regulations related to natural resource management in Indonesia.
The Senior Spatial Analyst will be a member of the TFT Team, and focus on issues related to forests, farms, and palm oil estate management in Indonesia. Ideal candidates must be comfortable to train company staff (both at HQ and field levels) on the implementation of Spatial Analysis and development of Integrated Land Use Plans. Strong writing skills are also required, as the position will involve writing reports and proposals for TFT business and donor clients.
The Senior Spatial Analyst will also be expected to support the management of stakeholder relations between TFT and Indonesian non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and research institutions. Strong spoken and written skills in Indonesian and English are a plus.
- 1 year, extendable;
- Based in the Jakarta office; and
- Willing to travel throughout Indonesia
Only qualified candidates fully meeting the above criteria, are invited to apply. They are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 October 2018 at the latest.
The position will be open until filled. Only selected candidates will be contacted.