The Development CAFE Job Vacancy: Android And Web Developer, Jakarta
The Development CAFÉ (DevCAFE) is a Research and Development and Technology Think Tank registered in Indonesia as a Yayasan. Its Head quartered in Kenya with country offices in Zambia and network presence in 143 countries. It serves as a platform for connecting grassroots and policy and as a network of development professionals. DevCAFE works to bridge ‘grassroots with policy’ and ‘connect the dots’ to alleviate poverty. It operates under three key pillars R4D, Innovation and ICT4D and Capacity Development.
By joining the DevCAFE team you’ll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects – and you’ll be rewarded for it.
Position: Android and Web Developer
Yayasan The Development CAFE is looking for Android and web developer to join Innovation and ICT4D unit. Ideally, you are fluent in Android and web app development with experience shipping successful apps using an agile methodology and you have some experience with iOS, Xamarin, or hybrid app development. Familiarity with enterprise app distribution is a plus. Experience with large databases and Blockchain technology is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle and Android Activity/Fragment Lifecycle, Word Press.
- Proficient with modern development practices and design patterns for Android applications.
- Demonstrated responsibility for the full project life-cycle, with reference applications in the Play Store.
- Experience building productivity apps that rely upon AWS, Vultr,RESTful and JSON web services.
- Know how to integrate third-party libraries and APIs into apps, especially Square Libraries.
- Excellent grasp of the mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Degree level qualification desirable but suitable professional experience will be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you. We envision this to be a short-time role. The vacancy is open to Indonesian Nationals, but Exceptional Expat candidates can be considered, with expat benefits.
To apply send your CV, Github profile/BeHance Profile or other examples of your work with a one paragraph that describes what is your motivation in life, to [email protected]
Please submit your application before July 31, 2018.