The Center for Public Policy Transformation Job Vacancy: Communications & Media Relations Coordinator, Jakarta
COMMUNICATIONS & MEDIA RELATIONS COORDINATOR For The Center for Public Policy Transformation (Transformasi)
The Center for Public Policy Transformation (Transformasi) is a networked think tank established in 2014, aiming to promote evidence based policy making.
Since its inception, Transformasi has always been driven by the eagerness to contribute to a better evidence-based public policy making in Indonesia. From this vision, Transformasi has developed a number of programs in Climate Change Adaptation, Marine and Fisheries, Job Creation and Economic Growth, and Urban Development.
Starting from conducting On the Train Dialogue with the Ministry of Transportation, book launching, information dissemination, research publication on economic growth, and National Economic Growth Policy Forum, in collaboration with the Coordinating Ministry for Economics, to organizing a series of Policy Discussions and working on the Assessment for Criteria and Indicator of Sustainable Financing for Fisheries Industry, closely cooperating with the Ministry of Marine and Fisheries, and providing Technical Assistance to Gorontalo District and Province in Integrating Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation. All of these activities have successfully developed networks and coordination with policy makers at the national and sub-national level.
In addition, Transformasi has been implementing a pilot program to establish a forum to bridge and link poor and vulnerable youths and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to private sector and the local government in Central Java. This initiative is funded by USAID, has been implemented for 15 months (2017-2018) and will be continued to the next 18 months phase, and is also supported by Rajawali Foundation.
To support the programmatic activities, Transformasi is recruiting a Communications and Media Relations Coordinator.
The main roles of the Communications and Media Relations Coordinator will be to:
- Design and implement communication strategy for Transformasi programs,
- Design and implement media relations strategies,
- Design and implement documentation strategies, dissemination and publication of the results of programs and activities,
- Prepare report on the implementation media relations and communications programs and activities on a regular basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing media relations and communications strategies including the parts of knowledge management activities,
- Managing Transformasi website content and ensure that content is updated regularly,
- Managing and promoting Transformasi social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube),
- Designing and creating communication messages and news products related to Transformasi programs and activities including news article, press release, flash news, editorial opinions, media brief, photos and videos for consumption in the mass media and social media,
- Designing and organizing public communication and campaign activities at the provincial and district / city levels, including press conferences, media gatherings, media interviews, media visits, radio / TV talk shows, etc,
- Designing, making and distributing posters, leaflets, brochures, info graphics, videos, etc. related to the implementation of activities and programs,
- Documenting, disseminating, and publishing programs, activities and projects,
- Conducting media monitoring, especially related to reporting on activities related to Transformasi projects at the provincial, regional and national levels,
- Arranging reports on the implementation of media relations and communications activities on a regular basis for the weekly report, monthly report, and final report,
- Coordinating, communicating, and networking with the ranks of the local government, donor agencies and Transformasi partner institutions at the national, provincial and city/ district levels,
- Developing and updating media database system
- Coordinating, communicating and networking with media leaders and journalists at the national, provincial, and cities / districts,
- Managing communication and publication products of Transformasi in one system (folder) that is easily accessible.
- Proposing TOR & Budget for Communications and Media Relations activities,
- Drafting communication materials and news products for media
- Monitoring the implementation of Communications and Media Relations activities.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other relevant studies.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the field of communication and media.
- Experience working as communication person in NGO, public relations or journalist is preferable.
- Excellent journalistic skill from determining news angle, interviewing, writing and editing according to journalistic standard.
- Technical skill in photography and videography is preferable
- Technical skill in Adobe Premiere or at least Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is desirable
- Technical skill in social media management platform such as HootSuite, Buffer, etc.
- Strong network with national media (printed and electronic) and targeted district/city.
- Experience in conducting media monitoring.
- Highly creative and strong sense in visual communication.
- Experience in arranging media event such as press conference, media workshop, journalist visit, media road show, etc.
- Good in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Good in team work.
- Fully capable to work individually with minimum supervision.
- Willing to learn new issues related to the projects.
- Willing to travel to Transformasi project sites,
- Computer literate on MS Office, with professional email writing experience.
- Familiar with using camera, video camera, and relevant application and software for picture and basic film editing are an advantage.
Please submit your application with subject: Communications & Media Relations Coordinator, no later than April 30th, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.