The Asia Foundation Job Vacancy: Information Technology Manager, Jakarta
Position Title: Information Technology Manager (ITM)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type and duration of contract: Full-Time, 1 year contract period
Closing Date: April 26, 2019
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The TAF-ID IT Manager is responsible for the maintenance and high performance of TAF Indonesia office’s IT operations, systems, hardware and software across its three country offices. The IT Manager will: conduct monitoring and analyze usage of network systems to ensure they are used fully and securely; ensure software is updated and fully functional; ensure anti-virus and firewall systems are updated and cybersecurity is prioritized at all times; support programs with maximizing the usage and improvement of the OneTAF enterprise knowledge, collaboration, and data platform; develop and execute improved security protocols and maintain data backup; train and support staff in proper use and maintenance of both software and hardware; troubleshoot and provide technical support when needed; track hardware and software inventory; and build long term relationships in coordination with the Office Manager for outside vendors of IT related products and services.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including data, wireless communication, operating systems, security tools, applications, mobile technology, phone systems, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Troubleshoot and solves problems related to hardware, software, and network problems
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration and communication with GIS
- Monitor network utilization and performance; implement procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Analyze department/unit needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions in terms of maximizing the usage of OneTAF by the department/units.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and provide solutions.
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement and inform GIS for improvement.
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for organization needs
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Build long term relationships with outside vendors for IT related products and services.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Previous experience as an IT manager for 5 years
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Analytical mind and research orientation
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, both English and Bahas Indonesia
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and Microsoft server technology
- User and computer administration using Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network security using Cisco, Fortinet, or other firewall technology
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification will be an asset
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019 at 17.00 PM. Please write “IT Manager” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.