Tanoto Foundation Job Vacancy: Teacher & School Training Coordinator, Jakarta
The Tanoto Foundation is a philanthropic organization established by Mr. Sukanto Tanoto and Mrs. Tinah Bingei Tanoto to participate in poverty all eviation through three pillars: Education, Empowerment, and Enhancement.The Tanoto Foundation was built upon the belief of the founders that every human being deserves an equal right to obtain a better life. In doing so, they believe that the main pillar in getting a better life is through education.
In January 2018 the Tanoto Foundation started to develop and expand its Pelita Pendidikan program. The program is working to improve access to quality primary and junior secondary school education initially in 14 districts in five provinces. The provinces are North Sumatra, Riau, Jambi, East or Central Java, and East Kalimantan. The program is working with central government, district governments, schools and teacher training institutes to build their capacity to support the provision of quality education. The program will be building on its previous work in North Sumatra, Riau and Jambi and adopting proven approaches to improving education quality similar to those developed under other national or international programs.
Tanoto Foundation is seeking a Teacher & School Training Coordinator (responsible for junior secondary schools)with relevant capacity and experience as listed below to support the implementation of the program. Candidates should attach a letter of application, their curriculum vitae and indicate the CODE of the position in which they are interested in working, and send through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
POSITION: Teacher & School Training Coordinator (Junior Secondary Schools – one person)
LOCATION (# Person): Jakarta (1)
- Review and revise teacher and school management and leadership training materials
- Orientate other project staff, especially provincial teacher training staff in the materials and their use
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the selection of district training facilitators jointly with local government
- Plan and manage training of district facilitators
- Support and monitor the implementation of cluster/district level teacher, school principals and supervisor training
- Support and monitor the implementation of mentoring and teacher working group activities after training
- Identify future training needs and coordinate activities to develop new materials to address these needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education or other related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in the education development sector especially in teacher training and training materials development
- Willingness to travel frequently to provinces and districts
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills in speaking and writing in Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to communicate in English would be an advantage