Syngenta Global Job Vacancy: Agri – Services Field Officer, Indonesian
To support the Agriservice Stream projects that SFSA will implement in Indonesia. The role will require analysis of the farming operations, farm management, contract farming, monitoring and recording project activities, seek potential market linkage, and to support participating communities (individuals, groups or cooperatives) challenged by different vulnerabilities so that they can understand and address their problems for their betterment through program practices.
It is the duty of the field officer to inspire the individuals or groups so that they can make positive changes in their lives by joining the Agriservice programs.
Roles and responsibility
- Involvement in base line studies and assessment of the initial income status of member growers
- Work with line supervisor to design and implement activities which favorably address the each programs and development needs of project’s participants, their families and communities
- Facilitate identification and implementation of appropriate strategies to increase the capacity of farmer members
- He will facilitate strengthening of sustainable agricultural aspects of farmer community groups or farmer associations, direct farmer network through development of appropriate implementation and management structures and tools
- Track, monitor, compile and summarize project progress and provide regular updates to the line supervisor
- To participate actively and effectively in the project teams as required making necessary actions and recommendations
- To work closely with all project members where relevant and appropriate
- To maintain the company’s highest standard of professionalism at all times
S/he will be reportable to the respective Program Development Agriservices and Agriservices Manager. S/he is expected to maintain working relationship with his/her peers in team.
Type of person required
Analytical – Initiative taker – Dynamic – Aggressive – Integrity – Independent – Leadership – Strong interpersonal relationship – Expressive – Agile.
- D3 or S1 in Economic/Management/Agribusiness/Agriculture.
- Minimum 1 year experience as business or program development team.
- Preferably have an experience in managing community/NGO/FMCG.
- Willing to be placed in project location with 1 year contract.
- An ability to work under trying conditions in developing or less developed areas.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong in Data/Numbers
- Analytical Skill
- Presentation Skill
- Time Management
- Work Standard
- Motivations & Enthusiasm
- Independent and High Initiative
- Contribution & Opinion
- Minimum supervision