Solidar Suisse Job Vacancy: Earthquake Response Representative, Palu – Central Sulawesi
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss International NGO founded in 1936 and member of the European Solidar network. We support and implement projects in the fields of Decent Work, Governance, and Humanitarian Aid in 14 countries worldwide.
Earthquake Response Representative
based in Sulawesi, Indonesia
(Indonesian National only)
Following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi, Indonesia, Solidar Suisse established a cooperation with our international partner ASB for the implementation of an emergency WASH project. In the recovery phase, Solidar Suisse foresees to enter into partnership and support a local Indonesian NGO, likely in the fields of livelihoods, shelter, WASH. For this purpose, Solidar Suisse has initiated the process of identifying and mapping suitable partner organisations.
To continue this process Solidar Suisse searches for a consultant with significant experience in post-disaster programming in Indonesia.
Responsibilities and key tasks
- In close collaboration with our international partner organisations ASB, oversee and monitor implementation of the ongoing WASH emergency project
- Continue the process of identifying and mapping local partner organisations which fit established eligibility criteria. Assess the shortlisted organization’s technical and operational capacity.
- Develop and propose potential intervention strategies in the fields of early recovery of livelihoods and WASH, by recommending sector(s), local implementing partner, strategic objectives, and a budget outline.
- Assist in operational planning & the writing of high quality project proposals for institutional donors.
- Represent Solidar Suisse vis-a-vis partner organisations and other relevant actors and take initiative to network and to identify funding opportunities.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in planning and managing humanitarian assistance programs for an international/national NGO.
- Expatriate experience working abroad for an international NGO is a strong asset
- Experience in the sectors livelihood, shelter and WASH
- Significant experience working with local partner organisations, including joint planning and capacity assessment.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong communication, reporting and negotiation skills; proficiency in written English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Duration and starting date
We look for a candidate who is able to start in November 2018, with contract duration of 4 months, renewable.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application including detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Earthquake Response Representative” to email@example.com. Due to the urgency, the position will be filled on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.