SNV Netherlands Job Vacancy: Procurement and Contract Officer, Jakarta
Procurement and Contract Officer
(National staff position)
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global teams of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
To support its operation, SNV Indonesia is currently seeking for highly qualified national candidate to fill in the position of Procurement and Contract Officer.
Purpose of the Job
The Procurement & Contract Officer works under the supervision of the Operation Manager and together with project and administrative staff ensures timely and compliant procurement of goods and services and tight management of contracts and grants.
- Procurement of goods and services
- Conduct all procurement of goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures; Draft and issue calls for proposals and applications, invitations to bid, tender documentation, bid comparisons determining procurement mechanisms that will ensure fair and open competition
- Management of procurement policies
- Review procurement policies against best practice, SNV, Donor and Government requirements and revise and adjust as necessary to ensure SNV is compliant with all relevant rules and regulations;
- Review all SNV donor contracts and ensure procurement activities in each project are compliant with donor requirements
- External support
- Provide training and oversight to SNV partner organisations on SNV reporting and financial requirements;
- In liaison with project staff, Manage and administer all SNV sub-contracts to ensure contractors’ compliance and performance, accurate and timely reporting to SNV systems;
- Background checks and due diligence
- Support Business Development and reduce risks for SNV by reviewing Terms and Conditions for upcoming contracts and advising management on areas of risk, implications and compliance issues.
- Supervision/management of staff
- Coordinate activities and distribute work over the staff members, and recruits, coaches and appraises own staff.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Administration, Management
- Higher vocational working and thinking level with minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement or supply chain management.
- Well-grounded procurement professional, with understanding of the core processes
- Proven knowledge of procurement practice and procedures in development sector.
- Native Indonesian speaker with a good command of spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and Outlook)
- Knowledge/experience in SAP is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good organizing skills
- Ability to maintain good relationships with donors and project team
- Advance negotiation and coordination skills.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work independently and with the team.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Initiative and creative in solving problems.