Save the Children Job Vacancy: Humanitarian MEAL Advisor, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
HUMANITARIAN MEAL ADVISOR
1 position based in Jakarta
Code : HMA-CO
The Humanitarian Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Advisor will provide technical support to Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (YSTC) through emergency preparedness and response in Indonesia. This will include providing technical support – both remote and with visits – to new ongoing humanitarian responses in Indonesia (currently Central Sulawesi Earthquake and Tsunami response, which will take 50% of their time); they will also lead on on MEAL preparedness for humanitarian responses when not deployed, to ensure MEAL in Emergencies builds on existing MEAL systems and approaches already in place (50%).
In emergency responses, the Humanitarian MEAL Advisor will be expected to lead on MEAL system design and implementation, evaluations, MEAL master budgeting, coordination across programme teams, and support relevant fundraising, procurement and recruitment processes as well as proposal writing and strategy and log frame development.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of PDQ
Staff directly reporting to this post: Dotted line to emergency response team in Central Sulawesi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experiences of working in humanitarian programmes in technical MEAL roles
- Previous emergency response experience in Indonesia or overseas
- Masters’ degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Demonstrated ability to design and establish MEAL systems in for emergencies
- Strong skills in collecting, analysing, interpreting and encouraging the use of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability in using data and analysis to influence programmatic change.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach/mentor staff
- Proven experience of managing a team and project(s)
- Experience of working through systems of community participation and accountability, including training staff in relevant approaches
- A high level of written and spoken English and Bahasa, including an ability to write clear and well-argued reports.
- Excellent communication, influencing and representational skills
- Experience of using child-friendly participatory methodologies
- Experience in “Communicating with Communities”
- Experience in data collection through technology (e.g. KoBo Toolbox)
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <HMA-CO><your name>
Closing date for application is up toJanuary 10th, 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse