Save the Children Job Vacancy: Humanitarian Director, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
1 (one) position based in Jakarta
The Humanitarian Director is accountable for Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s humanitarian preparedness, response and disaster risk reduction programing in Indonesia. The post holder oversees immediate emergency response start up and ensures responses meet children’s needs during humanitarian crises in line with Save the Children standards, protocols and the humanitarian imperative. They also provide technical support to ongoing disaster reduction programming (DRR) and guidance for the mainstreaming of DRR into both humanitarian response and development programing. They provide leadership for preparedness activities to enhance cross sector collaboration among technical units, ensuring humanitarian and DRR programme activities are effective and meet the designated goals and objectives of Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik (YSTC), its donors, and the target populations. The post holder will directly line manage all category 2 (large) responses and lead organisational support for category 3 (medium) and 4 (small) responses where they are led and line managed by existing program offices.
The post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organisation are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions in the Membership Accountability Framework. The post holder is a member of the country Senior Management Team (SMT), may be invited to lead or participate in cross functional groups and will participate in various high-level meetings as planned.
The post holder will also contribute to the standards as noted in the Prospect Member Framework as follows:
- Support on-going development and emergency programming of the existing portfolio in Indonesia in order to achieve ambitious breakthroughs for children.
- Contribute to the development & management of high performing field office teams.
- Contributing to the development of strong partnerships.
- Contribute to effective advocacy for children and collaborate with other departments to implement advocacy initiatives that support the theory of change.
- Contribute to ensuring strong governance, leadership and management of the organisation.
- Contribute to ensuring financial sustainability and growth orientation in the funding portfolio.
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the global KPIs on:
- Operations Delivery
- Awards management
- Risks and financial management
- Program quality
- Global Management Indicators
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Recommended minimum of ten years’ experience in humanitarian preparedness and response in a number of fragile or complex contexts
- Post graduate degree (or equivalent field experience), MSc or MA in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (eg DEC, SIDA, DFAT) of USD 10M+ in a humanitarian response
- Proven experience overseeing disaster risk reduction programming
- Senior management experience of multi-national, multi-sector team
- Multi-site security management in insecure environments
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sector humanitarian response, including cash transfer assisted programs
- Experience in logistics management
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ample knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as other development concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge of Save the Children’s practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
To apply for this position, please click the link HERE
Closing date for application is up to May 7th , 2019