Save the Children Job Vacancy: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager – Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager – Jakarta
1 position based in Jakarta Country Office
The Manager in his/her capacity will work with the Finance Director to provide overall leadership, vision, strategic direction and management of Save the Children’s financial planning and management across the organisation and ensure the sustainability and viability of the organisation. Specifically, he/she is responsible for finance administration, fiscal management, awards management, and financial and award reporting, in both emergency and development programming contexts. The scope of responsibilities includes financial management of our programs, fundraising and operations.
Ensuring financial efficiency, sustainability and viability and establishing a strong financial governance framework that takes into consideration risks to the organisation and is in compliance with SCI policy, national foundation and regulatory laws is central to the achievement of membership status and the establishment of a national foundation that could safeguard and grow our income and portfolio, expand our geographic presence and deliver more programs for children.
Working with the Finance Director, Humanitarian Director, and extended management team, the post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organisation are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Member Accountability Framework.
The post holder will contribute to global KPI as follows:
- Co-lead with Program Implementations Director on achievement of Operations delivery indicators
- Contribute to achievement of Awards management indicators
- Contribute to achievement of Global Management Indicators
As a member of the Indonesia Extended Management Team, the finance manager will contribute to:
- The development of an organizational culture that reflects our dual mandate (humanitarian and development) values; promotes accountability and high performance; encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation; and enables our staff to deliver outstanding results for children
- Provide feedback on issues of cross-cutting importance to Save the Children in Indonesia including CO financial management, communications, advocacy, and human resources
- Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to programme needs
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: host government authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, and local and international NGOs
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the Regional Office
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization.
- Significant experience in managing institutional grants, contracts and sub agreements with knowledge of major funders guidelines (USAID, EC, etc)
- In depth knowledge of grant documentation and compliance issues
- Experience working in disaster/emergency response preferred.
- Masters degree in Financial Management, CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) preferred.
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills–the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management and analysis.
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience of general administration work.
- Experience of managing and conducting audits.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its values.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
To apply for this position, please click the link HERE
Closing date for application is up to April 12th, 2019