Save the Children – BISA Project Job Vacancy: Chief of Party, Jakarta – Indonesian
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Chief of Party (BISA Project)
1 (one) position based in Jakarta
The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. The COP will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial. The COP will serve as the project’s principal contact point for all donors supported BISA program, and will also be the project’s main contact for political stakeholders and civil society. The COP will supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants. S/he will have overall responsibility in the areas of operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting.
Working with the CEO, COO and senior leadership team, the post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organisation are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Member Accountability Framework and Minimum Performance Standards for Associate Membership.
The post holder will lead on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
- Financial performance against forecast (BVA) (KPI01)
- Underspend on FS Commitment (KPI02)
- NCE Proportion (KPI03)
- Supply Chain Efficiency (KPI04)
- Purchasing Efficiency (KPI05)
- Contribute to Awards Management
- Awards close out actions completed on time (KPI09)
- On-time reporting (Member) and quality of reporting (MI06)
- On-time reporting (Donor) and outstanding reports (MI07)
- Contribute to compliance to security standard (KPI12)
- Road safety indicator (MI15)
As a member of the Indonesia Leadership Team (ILT), the Chief of Party shares in the overall responsibility for the strategic direction, resourcing, oversight, governance, and coordination of YSTC in Indonesia within the agreed framework set by the Board of Patrons and the MOU with Save the Children International. He/she has primary authority for the day to day management of the organization’s operations as assigned/delegated by the YSTC Board and Management. The post holder will act as a business partner providing strategic and technical advice to ILT so that the organisation is able to deliver sound financial planning, monitoring, management of all financial aspects of the organisation. The post holder will ensure that the organisation has agile structure and finance-related systems, sound business plan and mechanisms to carry out his/her duties in a high-performing organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended a minimum of 10-year management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Master degree in public health
- Robust experience of program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- A very good understanding of nutrition, advocacy programs.
- Significant knowledge of nutrition program, advocacy, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Strong skills and proven experience in change management processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Advanced fluency in both English and Indonesian desirable
To apply for this position, please click the link CLICK HERE
Closing date for application is up to April 10th , 2019