RTI International – KSI Project Job Vacancy: Deputy Team Leader, Jakarta
- The Deputy Team Leader is responsible for day-to-day project technical and operational management. S/he will communicate regularly with the Team Leader for inputs and updates and supervise the Program Leads and Operations Manager. The Deputy Team Leader is responsible for ensuring project activities comply with the KSI contract, DFAT regulations, and RTI project management policies. The Deputy Team Leader is responsible for ensuring strong linkages between management/operations and technical/strategic oversight. The Team Leader focuses on high level strategic guidance while the Deputy Team Leader focuses on day to day operational and programmatic strategies to ensure linkages between operations such as procurement plans, budget/finances, and systems are aligned with program priorities.
- The Deputy Team Leader is authorized to delegate duties to staff members where appropriate, but he/she bears the ultimate responsibility for the quality and successful performance by his/her delegates of those duties.
- The Deputy Team Leader will communicate with and report to DFAT and RTI on project progress and management.
- The Deputy Team Leader will undertake or assume responsibility for tasks as specified or delegated by the Team Leader including programmatic and operational decisions in the day-to-day implementation of the project and managing the bandwidth and workload of Program Leads and the Operations Manager.
- Ensure high quality SOWs, TORs, reports, presentations, and procurement documents are submitted to DFAT, Bappenas and RTI as required.
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the Deputy Team Leader will support the Team Leader in all technical and management aspects of the project and represent the program in the Team Leader’s absence;
- Work closely with the Program Leads and Team Leader to ensure that program activities are directly linked to the overall program objectives and relevant programs within the DFAT portfolio;
- Represent the program to key national, sub-national and international partners;
- Oversee overall progress toward achieving program goals by coordinating the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that includes implementation plans, risk matrices, deliverable tracking, budget allocations and disbursements, and ensure coordination among the program areas and operations;
- Ensure Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) perspectives, measurements and outputs are incorporated across activities;
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the approach of the project objectives;
- Support the Team Leader in managing relationships with key stakeholders including DFAT and Bappenas;
- Work collaboratively with the Performance, Management and Evaluation Team to ensure high quality reporting;
- Maintain close coordination with the Team Leader to manage the development and quality of key deliverables including annual work plans, six monthly reports, sub-strategies and annual reports;
- Directly supervise senior technical and operational staff and ensure high quality delivery of results.
Master’s degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience or a Bachelor Degree and 20 years of experience in management, business administration, international development, public policy, political science management, social policy research, or a related field;
- At least 6 years working on large donor (or other) funded programs in a program management role (including responsibility for recruitment, managing grants, subcontracting and financial management), and proven capacity to work in a matrix compliance oriented organization;
- Proven leadership capacity, for instance in leading large implementation teams in a reform or capacity development context;
- Strong experience designing program management systems and procedures for donor funded programs;
- Knowledgeable and experienced with DFAT contracting policies and procedures highly desirable;
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to develop high performing teams;
- Excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal/ cross-cultural skills. Ability to work well within a team and to work effectively with government and non-government stakeholders;
- Ability to analyzed, plan and develop appropriate responses to complex situations and highly developed problem solving skills;
- Highly advanced English writing skills and strong Bahasa Indonesia speaking and writing skills a plus.