RedR Indonesia Job Vacancy: Program Manager, Yogyakarta
Position Title: Program Manager (INDONESIAN NATIONALS ONLY)
Reporting to: Executive Director of RedR Indonesia
Job Status: Full time, 9-5
Contract duration: 1 year (with 3 months probation)
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Start Date: 1 December 2018
How to apply Please submit applications, including the provision of 3 referees, via email to email@example.com with subject: Application: RedR Indonesia Program Manager – [your name] by no later than Sunday, 4 November, 2018.
As a part of your application you will need to provide:
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 3 pages
- A cover letter in English telling us how your skills, experience and qualifications makes you the best candidate for this opportunity
Tell us why you would find the role interesting, what you can offer us, and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role. Please provide example and/or highlight your experience that will demonstrate your ability to perform the role.
Working Conditions Employees of RedR will receive 2 weeks annual leave, sick leave, THR, social security and health insurance (BPJS kesehatan and ketenagakerjaan).
About RedR Indonesia RedR Indonesia is an emerging humanitarian agency working for improving international emergency relief. RedR Indonesia is part of the international RedR network of accredited organisations, each sharing a common vision and mission.
Our aims are to provide sufficient, competent and effective relief personnel to the front-line and provide personnel to local and international relief agencies whenever required; to improve and maintain the competence of relief personnel; to cooperate and work with other agencies in maintaining the availability of trained and competent relief personnel; and to increase humanitarian response capacity in Indonesia through providing people with internationally recognised training and access to international experience.
We believe that suffering caused by disasters can be reduced by selecting, training and providing competent and committed personnel to humanitarian programs across the world.
RedR is also represented in the UK, India, Australia, US and Malaysia.
Job Summary The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director of RedR Indonesia. S/he should work closely with RedR Indonesia key stakeholders to achieve RedR Vision and Mission. The Program Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for the day-to-day management including planning, implementing and monitoring of various RedR projects.
The duty station is Yogyakarta.
- Program Management: Design and maintain high quality program initiatives in efforts to fulfil the vision and mission of RedR Indonesia.
- Portfolio: Develop portfolio of partners from civil society organisations, change agents within government, private sector, media and technical organisations.
- Networking: Establish and maintain good relationships with strategic stakeholders in country (RedR International community, civil society, government, private sector, media, Red Cross movement, UN agencies and other related humanitarian stakeholders) that is instrumental in providing sufficient, competent and effective relief personnel to the front-line.
- Learning: Use monitoring data to draw lessons and continuously support in-country partnership outputs to highest possible level of impact. Actively engage in program-wide learning activities.
- Internal Policy Making: Facilitate formulation of organisational regulations conducive to a just and sound system of business process.
Under the direct supervision of the RedR Indonesia Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible to:
- Actively seek opportunities to scale up and/or expand the projects to improve humanitarian personnel capacities in the country
- Actively build RedR networks as well as relationships with RedR key stakeholder groups
- Ensure overall effective and efficient management of the program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and maintain an accountable internal system for program management;
- Prepare regular program updates to RedR key stakeholder group;
- Supervise the project team and a range of consultants recruited by RedR Indonesia
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of RedR Indonesia project deliveries including preparing and updating (if necessary) of work plans and organising capacity development workshops and training for humanitarian actors; and
- Perform other relevant duties by immediate supervisor
- Relevant academic background (Bachelor’s degree in development studies, governance or other relevant fields (relevant experience may substitute relevant degree)
Skills & Competencies
- 5 years’ experience in humanitarian sector
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Ability to perform complex tasks and act upon priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment
- Confirmed communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated autonomy, motivation and commitment; ability to deliver within deadlines
- Multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and self-managing
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow
- Willingness and ability to travel (nationally or internationally) for work
- Openness to work in an inclusive and diverse office environment with people of all races, religion, gender, etc
Applicants with the following experiences, or similar backgrounds, are especially desirable
- Experience in designing and/or facilitating trainings
- Looking for long term relationship and to grow with organisation
RedR Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer with positive discrimination policies to ensure opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or creed and those with functioning limitations (persons with disabilities).
Download position details: CLICK HERE