Red Nose Foundation Job Vacancy: Director Of Programs, Jakarta
Red Nose Foundation
Red Nose Foundation’s mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society.
Red Nose Foundation strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education advocacy and rehabilitation. Red Nose Foundation offers a safe place for children to explore, experiment and learn.
Red Nose Foundation currently works with 350 children offering over 120 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 120,000 children across Indonesia.
Red Nose Foundation uses circus as its main approach in developing the youths and children’s skills. The Social Circus approach is implemented in all of its program to build self-confidence, discipline, teamwork, and good character. In addition to that, Red Nose runs many alternative education classes such as Science and Art, English and Drama, Hotel Vocational, Sport and Healthy Lifestyles, to support the students’ personal and educational development.
We are looking for a DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS to be a part of our leadership team.
Position Available: Program Director
Contract Duration: 3 years
Reporting Supervisor: Executive Director
Application Deadline: 31th January, 2018
The Program Director is responsible in overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of all ongoing programs including program development, implementation planning, and organizing, staffing, supervision of the program managers and supervisors, reporting, and reviewing of program activities.
As part of the leadership team, the Program Director will take part in leading the organization’s 2018 review and strategic planning process alongside the Executive Director. S/he will liaise with ongoing and potential donors and other Red Nose Foundation supporters. As a member of the Board of Directors S/he will also be responsible for periodic reporting and to attend governance meetings.
The Programs Director will usually work in an office environment with frequent travels to the work sites. S/he will work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree Education/Educational Psychology/Educational Management/Curriculum and Instruction, or other relevant education.
- At least 5 years’ experience of knowledge and demonstrated experience in program management related to children and education.
- Excellent leadership skills and have a demonstrated experience in leading a large team with diverse characteristics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Indonesia national curriculum SD-SMA and international curriculums that are relevant with alternative education is preferred.
- Possess general knowledge and demonstrated experience of HR and financial management
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Interest in art and use of any art form in achieving educational objectives
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Lead the organizational review in 2018 and co-lead the strategic planning process.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop annual budgeting and operating plan alongside the Executive Director and other senior leaderships of the organization
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals and provide learning documents for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all Red Nose pedagogy and professional standards
- Develop monitoring tools to record and evaluate ongoing program activities
Staff the Program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the Program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback, that in accordance with Red Nose pedagogy, age-appropriate objectives and activities
- Communicate with sponsors/donors and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Write reports on the program for the Board of Directors and for sponsors/donors alongside the Executive Director
- Communicate with sponsors/donors alongside the Executive Director as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for sponsors/donors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to sponsors/donors according to the established timelines
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
How to Apply
Please send updated CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Application without text in the body of email will not be processed.
Red Nose Foundation is a unique organization; please take time to visit our website rednosefoundation.org before applying for this position
- Monthly salary of IDR 12.000.000 – 15.000.000 depending on qualification
- Health Insurance
- Generous Leave Arrangement