Rachel House Job Vacancy: Fundraising and Communications Manager, Jakarta
Are you passionate about helping children in need? Do you want to help build a better Indonesia? Want to use your communications and/or fundraising skills for good? Then come join the team at Rachel House as our Fundraising and Communications Manager!
Rachel House/Yayasan Rumah Rachel is Indonesia’s first pediatric palliative home care service, helping children living with life-limiting conditions, such as cancer and HIV, and their families. Rachel House also provide palliative care training programs for nurses, doctors and other health workers in palliative care, with an aim to build a palliative care ecosystem in Indonesia where palliative care is available in all levels of the health system, and accessible for all who need it. Our vision is an Indonesia where no child will ever have to live or die in pain.
The Fundraising and Communications Manager will have a strong desire to contribute towards positive social change in Indonesia by supporting seriously-ill children live pain-free and with joy and dignity. They will lead fundraising and communications with Rachel House’s diverse and expanding national and international networks. The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Fundraising – Design, coordinate and launch fundraising campaigns, including new campaign development, budgeting of all fundraising activities and management of relationships with existing and potential donors
- • Fundraising Committee – Support the smooth operation and functioning of the Fundraising Committee
- • Business Development – Build relationships with major donors and companies and make presentations; Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- • Stakeholder engagement – Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- • Events – Planning and coordinating of events, and representing Rachel House at various events, including the Living Wall public advocacy campaign, at schools, bazaars, associations etc.
- Communications coordination – Acting as the focal point for internal and external communications, and work with colleagues from across Rachel House’s programs to support their communication needs and identify story line and opportunities to communicate their work to external stakeholders
- Media management – Identify potential media opportunities and pitch to targeted outlets. Act as the liaison for all proactive and reactive media opportunities. Establish productive professional relationships with journalists across print, online, TV and radio outlets
- Graphic design – Design and develop materials for effective communication, fundraising and advocacy work including, but not limited to, presentations, brochures, social media graphics and reports
- Social Media engagement – Manage Rachel House’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp), develop and implement strategies to increase engagement with Rachel House’s online community.
- Website – Maintain Rachel House website, including sourcing, producing and updating the content on a regular basis
- Production of communication materials – Develop, update and maintain a wide range of communication materials including press releases, articles and opinion pieces, presentations, newsletters, brochure and flyers
- Translation – Translating documents, including but not limited to reports, education materials, news stories and social media posts from Bahasa to English or English to Bahasa.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, with impeccable grammar and spelling, is essential
- Willingness to learn and a passion for getting the job done to the highest standard
- A strong eye for design (Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator ) or willingness to quickly upskill in this area essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write for and communicate with various audiences
- Passion for, and expertise in, social and digital media
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects concurrently, with the ability to (re)prioritize
- Excellent networking
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns and platforms is desirable
- Some level of health knowledge, particularly around palliative care, would be a bonus.
- Strong desire to contribute towards positive social change in Indonesia
- Enthusiastic, energetic and willing to take responsibility for ensuring a project’s success
- Willingness to learn and to teach others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Diplomatic manner and ability to adapt to a range of cultures and experiences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Three – five years’ experience in a related field (ie Communications, journalism or fundraising)
- Experience in implementing communication and/or fundraising strategies and plans.
Even if you don’t have the requisite qualifications or experience, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than your drive for excellence, your initiative and dedication to the role.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter and indication of your expected salary as soon as possible to email@example.com, or to Yayasan Rumah Rachel, Graha Indramas Lantai 1, Jl. K. S. Tubun Raya Kav. 77, Slipi, Jakarta 11410. If you have any questions relating to this role or you would like to have a confidential discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org.