Project HOPE Job Vacancy: Wash Coordinator, Palu – Central Sulawesi
LOCATION: Palu Office, Indonesia
DURATION: 1 Year
About Project HOPE: Project HOPE (Health Opportunities for People Everywhere) was founded in 1958. For more than 60 years, we have worked in about 120 countries to build the skills of health care providers, strengthen management capacity, and support sustainable systems to improve access to quality health services. Our vision is a world in which everyone has access to excellent health care.
About the Program: On Friday September 28, powerful earthquakes shook Indonesia, triggering a tsunami with ten-foot waves. The events devastated the Indonesian island of Sulawesi, killing over 2,045 while injuring and displacing thousands more. Homes, public buildings, roads, bridges—destroyed. Project HOPE has responded to emergencies around the world, tackling urgent public health challenges and empowering local health workers with the training and tools needed to save the most lives.
Yayasan Project HOPE Indonesia is currently looking for a WASH Coordinator to provide technical and strategic advice on the WASH activities in Central Sulawesi. He/she will promote the harmonization of WASH activities, supports project development with WASH-specific inputs, identifies best practices and lessons learned, and ensures external representation of Yayasan Project HOPE in relevant sectors.
- Design and implement interventions that promote safe hygiene practices within communities affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that struck the city of Palu, where sanitation and water systems have been compromised and the power grid is down.
- With support from Project HOPE procurement teams, define and lead activities that promote access to clean drinking water for families and communities in the affected areas.
- Ensure minimum WASH standards in disasters are met in Project HOPE areas of intervention and provide training to staff, volunteers and community members on the same.
- Degree in civil engineering, water engineering, WASH, or related courses
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation, preferably in an international context
- At least 3 years of experience in water supply, water quality, sanitation, WASH infrastructure construction, hygiene promotion and/or related field, with proven experience in natural disaster contexts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally strenuous
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- High regard for safety
How to apply:
- Please submit your Application letter and CV in English
- Submit to email: email@example.com
- Please fill the subject with this format: Position_Name
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 January 2019