Palladium Job Vacancy: Head of Management Information System, Jakarta
Head of Management Information System
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA 2) is a five -year program (2019 – 2023) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia’s agriculture sector.
- Under the direction of the CQO, the Head of MIS is responsible for designing and maintaining a suitable MIS for PRISMA-2.
- Specifically, this person will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Oversee the strategic design, roll-out and maintenance of suitable MIS functions that support the provision of clear, accurate, timely data and information that can be easily analysed by users (e.g. including the development of an MIS project management component for both impact and financial data, and providing new ways of presenting broader technical data such as agricultural census maps, and supporting the development of the program’s Knowledge Management systems).
- Work closely with the Head of Results Measurement & Learning and his/her team to ensure that data, information and key reports required by DFAT and other stakeholders is accurately prepared, submitted and available on a timely basis. This includes aggregation of the core results or KPIs (including ADR, PAFs and data for the QMTs).
- Work closely with the Head of RML AIP-Rural and his/her team, design and oversee suitable Quality Assurance mechanisms and processes to ensure that data entry and analysis within the MIS is robust and reporting contains consistent and accurate information.
- Lead and manage the MIS team in delivering against long-term design targets, including setting semester targets and performance standards for the unit and staff, and assess performance at the end of a given semester.
- Ensure that information is being accessed effectively by program staffs by designing appropriate user interface points (currently using Power BI) and suitably tailored training. Gathering user needs (e.g. specific dashboard for GM, Finance team, Results Measurement team), analyse best solution and explaining the needs to the MIS team (or external firms) to design solutions.
- Supporting compliance of the data needed for the DCED audits.
- Take lead on Value for Money calculation and data generation by using both Project Management (KPIs) and
- Corporate functions (Financial) of the MIS.
- Work closely with IT team to ensure program IT infrastructure is suitable for MIS requirements.
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 years of experience as a MIS expert or System Analyst with at least graduate level education.
- A sound understanding of management systems and data analysis.
- Strong analytical mind and a flair for numbers, particularly involving large, complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work in teams and with donors/clients.
- Ability and experience in presenting large, complex data sets in a timely, clear, concise and well analysed format.
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and ability to think ‘out-of-the-box’.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proven work experience is of great advantage.
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia.
- Experience in development is not required.
Applications close on 31 October 2018.
Read the full details and how to apply here Palladium_Head of MIS