Palladium Job Vacancy: Business Communication Coach, Jakarta
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
AIP-Rural is a program with 4 projects: PRISMA (agricultural development), TIRTA (irrigation), SAFIRA (value chain finance) and ARISA (applied agriculture research). It follows a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach and will contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 smallholder farming households by December 2018. It works in a range of sub-sectors in collaboration with farmers, businesses, government and civil society partners to increase the competitiveness of farm businesses through (i) increased productivity; (ii) improved business practices; (iii) a growing share of an expanding market; and (iv) the continuous adoption of innovations. The project works in five (5) provinces in Eastern Indonesia: East Java, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Nusa Tenggara Timur, West Papua and Papua.
To reach these objectives, PRISMA strengthens the capacity of our partner companies by sharing the risk associated with entering a new market that would be financially beneficial for both partner company and farmers. To successfully expand their market, partner company’s field staff needs to understand partner company’s farmers partnership model, which would be commercially viable and sustainable for both partner company and partners; as well as to approach potential farmers and to present a ‘business pitch’ to showcase the benefits of partnership with PRISMA’s company partner;
To perform these tasks successfully, company field staff must possess strong communication skills. Therefore, a workshop or training on developing these skills is required to strengthen field staff credibility to potential farmer partners and to increase the farmers’ buy-in towards the proposed partnership model.
Develop a brief effective communication guideline
- Travel to farming areas in East Java and/or Central Java (exact locations are to be confirmed) to conduct field research to gain knowledge including on the following subjects but not limited to:
- Agricultural sector in which partner company is a part of;
- Farmers’ and other stakeholders’ behaviour and culture;
- Farmers’ and other stakeholders’ communication preferences; and
- Effective communication tools that fit best with farmers and other stakeholders.
- Discuss with the partner company’s field staff team to identify the challenges that they face while communicating with farmers and other stakeholders; and
- Propose a draft of communication guidelines.
- Communicating / Business Pitching to farmers about commercial opportunity with partner company;
- Utilizing field knowledge such as farmers’ incentives and challenges, supply chain condition, and market projection to encourage partners to consider partnership with company;
- Identifying farmers that would fit criteria for partnership with company, through intensive discussions with farmers and other stakeholders as well as field observation;
- Developing adaptive strategies to ensure captivating and convincing proposal presentation to farmers and other stakeholders about partnership with company.
- Administering future training activities to enhance applicable and adaptable communication skills of future field team members
- Discuss with PRISMA team and stakeholders of partner company on expectations and preferences of future field staff positions
- Propose draft of job description for job opening announcement.
- Minimum a Master’s degree in Communications or Business Administration major (or related discipline) from a reputable university
- At least 5 years of experience in communications industry and/or business management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant experience in delivering communication skills workshops, and
- Reporting skills and liaising with multi stakeholders.
- Relevant experiences in business management, commercial partnership development, especially in rural areas