Pact World Job Vacancy: Chief of Party, Jakarta – Indonesian
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Need your support to post vacancy for Chief of Party
Tittle: Chief of Party
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Indonesia that will focus on civil society strengthening. The project will empower civil society to strengthen democratic governance in Indonesia. It will focus on civil society at the local level, and specifically at the district level and below.
The Chief of Party will provide technical leadership and operational oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and relevant project stakeholders. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for ensuring project impact is achieved and that all contractual requirements are met on time and within budget. This position is contingent upon award.
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing leadership to the project team to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Serve as Pact’s liaison to USAID, partners, the Government of Indonesia, and other key project stakeholders.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources.
- Ensure that Pact provides high-quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
- Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations, using customized capacity building tools and approaches to ensure measurable impact.
- Ensure that all project reporting requirements are met.
- Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant in-country initiatives.
- Represent the project at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Pact’s thought leadership in Indonesia and the region.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as political science, public policy, or public administration.
- At least 10 years of experience managing civil society strengthening and governance programs in a senior leadership and management role.
- Demonstrated experience in international development and civil society program design, implementation evaluation, and policy advocacy work.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting and working effectively with other projects, high-level government counterparts, civil society, and international agencies.
- Professional level English ability – both written and oral.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Indonesia.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Please submit your cover letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email not later than July 30, 2018 to: [email protected]
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the e-mails in this format: (The Position) – (Your Name).
File attachment total size is not more than 1MB.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.