OXFAM International Job Vacancy: MEAL Officer, Palu – Central Sulawesi
AT OXFAM WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values:
- Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam in Indonesia is currently seeking qualified candidates to support the organization responding to earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi;
Oxfam – Calling for MEAL Officer
(code: MEL 2718)
MEAL Purpose: Responsible for the execution of MEAL framework, leading on data collection and analysis as well as feeding findings to programme management. Working with the support of the Country MEAL Coordinator and wider programme the MEAL officer will ensure that the framework is institutionalised within the existing thematic programme cycle.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities The post holder will undertake assignments for which specific Terms of Reference will be negotiated and agreed with relevant parties, prior to deployment, and/or revised in the early stages of the deployment.
- Working closely with the MEAL Coordinator, adapt the global MEAL framework for the Oxfam
- Integrated programme, making it relevant to project activities and the local context in each of the programme bases, ensuring the MEAL framework is in line with Oxfam’s MEAL Framework and ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries
- Lead on all data collection, analysis and reporting for all key parameters in the MEAL framework. This includes designing and implementing major surveys/research to provide crucial quantitative and qualitative data to measure progress on all Objectively Verifiable Indicators stipulated in the MEAL framework.
- Ensure that data is brought together and findings from across thematic areas (WASH, Livelihood, Advocacy, gender and protection) and lead in formulating coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and strategy development for the whole organisation.
- Lead on all accountability activities, including maintaining of respective Oxfam hotlines, suggestion boxes as well as recording and follow up of community feedback/suggestions/complaints
- Devise and manage a MEAL training programme with the goal of increasing capacity and awareness of MEAL for all staff, including regular and scheduled inductions on MEAL for all new staff (if needed)
- Promote all aspects of MEAL to support the creation of an organizational culture which prioritizes quality programming and promotes meaningful participation
- Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to narrative and financial planning, including the development of appropriate (SMART) indicators, costing for MEAL activities and contributing to Performance Management Plans
- Ensure that process documentation (case studies, project briefers, photo documentation and others) and programme related reviews are done and properly documented
- Lead in the production of learning materials
- Responsible in leading a partnership building particularly on preparation of technical requirement for partnership
- Work closely with local media to ensure media mileage
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- This position for Indonesian nationality only
- This position to be based in Palu
- Significant exposure and experience in working for International humanitarian institution for emergency and relief projects (based on each relates issues)
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Proven ability to learn quickly to achieve stated results and objectives
- Must be able to travel to program locations and other assigned places
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Social Science Research or Economics
- Excellent English writing and critical thinking skills.
- Solid background in conducting research and technical writing
- Experience working for a humanitarian, development or advocacy organization.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to manage large amounts of information and data using programmes such as MS Word, Excel/Access – experience using design software an added advantage.
- Understanding of digital data collection platforms and/or statistical analysis software (e.g Mobenzi, SPSS)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with people with different priorities Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating, inspiring and influencing a wider audience
Expression of Interest
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please do apply by sending your complete resume and mention the code of the position on the subject of the email to email@example.com and Cc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date: December 20th, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage women and people with disability to apply