OXFAM International Job Vacancy: Finance Manager, Jakarta – Indonesian
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
OXFAM IN INDONESIA JOB VACANCY – COUNTRY FINANCE MANAGER
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
To ensure that Oxfam in Indonesia has quality financial management with the financial capacity to support programmes. To proactively provide business-focused and result-oriented quality professional and technical finance services to the Indonesia country program. Contributes towards developing Financial Management capabilities in Oxfam partner organizations in Indonesia.
Job Purpose – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Financial Management and Reporting
- Manage all aspects of the Country Program’s financial activities in line with the Oxfam’s policies and procedures and legal and statutory requirements in Indonesia.
- Responsible for effective management and operation of the financial system in for Oxfam in Indonesia.
- Develop financial analysis tools to assist in the management and monitoring of budgets v expenditure.
- Periodically review actual v budget variances, analyses trends, identifies areas of concern and risks, follows up on all budget variance queries with the budget holders, and provides financial management advice about resource utilization and underlying budget forecasts.
- Ensure effective systems are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management and control including:
- Cash and cash flow management and control,
- Expenditure procedures,
- Partners grant management
- Responsible for planning, preparation, and execution of annual budgeting and financial year-end processes for the Country Program; ensures that submission of annual budget and year-end returns are in line with Oxfam requirements and standards.
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals.
- Review and verify monthly / quarterly account returns and balance sheet reconciliations for the Country Program; ensure appropriate course of action is followed to address significant/extraordinary movements in asset and liability accounts and to adjust any outstanding balances.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Proactively monitor and assess the quality of existing financial controls across the Country Program and introduced new controls / measures, as appropriate, to minimize the risk of fraud and theft.
- Monitor the implementation and application of the financial controls and compliance with all legal and statutory reporting requirements in Indonesia, identify solutions to problems and ensure that they are implemented in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure appropriate and secure record keeping for financial transactions in line with donor, Oxfam and statutory requirements in Indonesia.
- Ensure adherence to donor financial requirements and procedures.
- Support the logistics and HR to ensure the annual tax return filing as per the Government of Indonesia policy.
- Lead the finance team in internal/external auditing process.
- Ensure that recommendations of audits, concerning the finance function, are implemented in a timely, effective and efficient manner, and report progress on implementation of the recommendations on a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Country Program’s bank mandates and list of account signatories are up-to-date, provide support to Field Office as necessary
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
Recognized professional qualification in accounting and finance.
Comprehensive knowledge and a minimum of 5-7 years of proven senior management experience in financial management activities, such as: budgeting, forecasting, and reporting as well as evidence of effective decision making skills and a critical focus on the delivery of agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
Strong knowledge of accounting standards/procedures, and statutory requirements
Sound knowledge and experience of Restricted funds management and ability to work with/manage finances of multi-donor grants.
Strong numeracy skills and attention to details.
Strong computer literacy, and proven experience of computerized accounting packages, preferably PeopleSoft. Strong proven experience in using Excel spreadsheets. Experience in using Internet-based programs and e-mail systems.
Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems and suggesting improvements; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple workable actions and plans.
A high level of self-awareness and flexibility. Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner, adjusting to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
Excellent activity planning, prioritization and implementation skills and commitment to deliver against agreed deadlines.
Excellent leadership and people management abilities, with motivational, talent development and change management skills. Able to manage and develop other people’s performance and professional standards and potential.
A strategic perspective and approach with ability to develop long term plans and implement them effectively. Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicate and influence this to a wider audience.
Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English, with strong persuasive skills.
Ability to work in demanding situations under pressure in a team or independently with minimum supervision and delver against team objectives.
Experience and capability in working with other civil society organizations (partners) and provide effective financial monitoring and capacity building of finance staff in partner organizations.
Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams.
Strong project management and organizational skills, with experience using formal project management techniques.
Understanding of Oxfam’s procurement procedures and processes.
Experience in dealing fraud cases and conducting investigations would be an advantage.
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
Detail Job Profile can be downloaded in this vacancy page
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct.. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our VALUES are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
How to Apply:
Please submit your updated CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 28 April at the latest.
Detail job profile of this position can be found in this website: CLICK HERE