OXFAM International Job Vacancy: Climate Resilience Sustainable Livelihood Officer, Jakarta
AT OXFAM WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values:
- Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam in Indonesia represents the Oxfam International (OI) Confederation through the Oxfam International Regional Platform (OI RP) for Asia, supported by different Oxfam affiliates with dedicated roles. Oxfam in Indonesia is aligned to and complements the global aspirations of the OI Confederation as outlined in the Operational Guidelines for realizing
Oxfam’s 2020 Vision, and the Strategic Plan for the OI RP for Asia.
The Country Strategy for Oxfam in Indonesia acknowledges, responds and adapts to new and evolving ‘drivers of change’ and the emerging context of Indonesia as a ‘middle income country’.
As we progress our intentions, all of Oxfam Indonesia’s programming will be informed and developed through a ‘partner-based model’ with the aspiration to realize ‘An inclusive, sustainable and resilient Indonesia in 2030’. Within this time frame, the Oxfam in Indonesia Country Strategy 2015 – 2020 vision of ‘People living equitably and free from injustice of poverty, enjoy their rights, and are resilient in times of disasters’ will still have relevance.
Oxfam in Indonesia will bring about positive changes and impact as measured by the ability of women and youth to overcome inequality and realize their rights align with Oxfam’s goal of overcoming poverty, vulnerability and inequality with a focus on women and girls.
INDONESIA CLIMATE AND DISASTER RESILIENCE COMMUNITY (ICDRC)
Vulnerable rural and urban communities in selected locations in Indonesia realise their rights and improve their well-being despite shocks, stresses and uncertainty. If vulnerable rural and urban households in targeted locations have climate resilient sustainable agriculture; and are able to prepare for, respond and adapt to, a range of hazards and shocks; and DRM systems and practices are resilient and inclusive of, and respond to, the needs and priorities of vulnerable rural and urban communities, in particular women; then vulnerable rural and urban communities in 12 districts in Indonesia will realise their rights and improve their well-being despite shocks, stresses and uncertainty
The Strategic Objectives of Head of Program Management in ICDRC Project:
- To increase the engagement of multiple stakeholders in accountable action based implementation of Disaster Risk Management and Climate Changes Adaptation
- To strengthen the capacity of Oxfam, partners, government agencies, farmer group and community adapt to disaster and climate changes impact
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
CLIMATE RESILIENCE SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOOD OFFICER
(code: CRSLO 0319)
JOB PURPOSE:Working under supervision of the ICDRC Project Manager, the CSRL officer will carry out his/her role in managing Project Implementation in the partners, work for Disaster Risk Management and Cliamte Changes Adaptation to stakeholders including governments, private sectors, civil society organizations, DPOs, Women organisations, higher education, media, etc. in order to make DRM as everybody’s business.
In addition, the CSRA officer will provide capacity building and awareness raising on DRM and Climate Resilience Sustainable Livelihood: (1) internal OXFAM within ICDRC Program and development programme and, (2) external OXFAM in any sectors so that the develop strategic implementation Climate-Smart Disaster Risk Management (CSDRM) and Climate Resilience Sustainable Livelihood (CRSL) with the partners, national government, local government, DPOs, women organisations, university, private sector and community in implementing project.
Technical Support for CRSL (Climate Resilience Sustainable Agricultur) and CS-DRM (Climate Smart-Disaster Management.
- Facilitation capacity strengthening partners and government about CSDRM and CRSL
- Coordination of DRM and MSME components of project with partners
- Coordination of CRSL & Young Female Farmer (YFF) components of the project with partners
- Technical Assistance for partners for implementation project in the field
- Facilitating Linking to national, sub national and local government
- Laise with partners in areas of potential complementarily, particulary with regard to climate changes adaptation and sustainable livelihood
- Support project team manage information and knowledge management system to link Humanitarian Knowledge Hub
Campaign – CSDRM and CRSL
- Facilitation of linking between community for CSDRM and CRSL with the local disaster management agencies, CSOs, and other stakeholders in advancing the DRM work
- Managing campaign content with partners about CSDRM and CRSL base on learning from project Implementation
Advocacy – Accountability
- Assisting ICDRC PM in refining and finalizing the advocacy strategy
- Facilitating key stakeholders to establish Gender Working Group in Disaster Management
- Hosting and/or co-hosting meetings for the alliance to develop roadmap for CSDRM and CRSL
- Collect information and best practices of accountability settings for media, CSOs, and private sectors in resource mobilization and designing any possibility of replication in Indonesia;
- Promote public private engagement in accountable resource mobilization
- Working together with program team in promoting accountability in project delivery
- Attending seminar, workshop and discussion held by related stake-holders
- Facilitating development project plan, budget plan and workplan with partners
- Prepare the required periodic project narrative report on ICDRC Project
- Provide additional support to project management unit as required
- Take lead role data collection and mobilizer for data collection and close coordination with project manager
- Establish the smooth relation and maintain close coordination/lingkages between district line agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs and project within the project area and keep them fully informed on the CSDRM and CRSL component of project activities
- Managing Cross-cutting partners to ensure the child safeguarding and disabilities inclusion mainstreaming into the ICDRC Project.
Monitoring, Reporting and Proposals Development
- Produce MEAL framework for the ICDRC with MEAL Officer
- Provide regular and consistently high quality reports of the projects
- Establish and maintain a regular system of project monitoring, review and evaluation (using qualitative and quantitative indicators)
- Provide quality response for the feedback provided from RiC Lead against qualitative and quantitative reports
- Assists ICDRC PM in developing new projects in relation to the scope of work
- Monitor and review project implementation, its impact and accountability, ensuring gender equity, inclusiveness and other core values and good practice in project implementation are upheld.
- Ensure compliance with contract and donor guidelines and requirements, including timely narrative and financial reporting to donors as required.
- Manage OPAL of IDSD29
- Performs other tasks as per requested by the organization and RiC programme
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: Essential
- Bachelor’s degree from any reputed university preferably in environmental science, rural development, or any other relevant field with at least 3 – 5 years’ experience working with international agencies in implementing and managing humanitarian sectors, climate changes adaptation, sustainable livelihood, including experience of coordination with government and non-governmental agencies, building local capacities to assess, design and manage project
- Tertiary Education in relevant field;
- Good understanding on disaster risk management, Climate Changes Adaptation, Sustainable Livelihood issues, and gender inclusion
- Good understanding on the advocacy issues and having experience in advocacy work national and local level.
- Strong ability to rapidly assimilate, analyses, conceptualize and report on complex information and in data collection, research, and impact analysis.
- Knowledge and proven experience in managing the project cycle, including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work as part of the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence the decision makers and other stakeholders from various cultural, status and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working in multi-sectoral projects and ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure and to meet the deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to work in flexible hours and to travel frequently within country.
- Strong commitment to gender, disability inclusion, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please do apply by sending your complete resume and mention the code of the position (CRSLO 0319) on the subject of the email to email@example.com
The closing date: January, 10th 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage women and people with disability to apply promotes equality and diversity
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)