Newsperson, Health and Science
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Date: Jul 18, 2019
Location: Jakarta, ID
Company: Associated PressThe Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks an enterprising reporter with a proven track record of developing sources and breaking stories to cover health, science and environment as a newsperson, based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Responsibilities: Reporting to a deputy Health and Science Editor, this newsperson will produce compelling spot and enterprise stories about a broad range of topics, including space, the environment, climate, technology, archaeology and public health in Southeast Asia. The successful candidate will have strong news judgment and a deep dedication to evidence-based journalism. The successful candidate will be fluent in more than one media format and be comfortable working closely with other writers, video journalists and photographers, from the field and from the desk, reporting breaking news as well as enterprise. This newsperson must have the ability and willingness to work any shift, including at night and on weekends, or as coverage demands, as AP is a 24/7 operation.
The successful candidate will:
- have a demonstrated history of successful reporting on health, science, medicine and the environment, with a record of compelling work on deadline and the production of enterprise that is illuminating and entertaining.
- work among a team of journalists, reporters and editors to deliver spot news and enterprise coverage of science and health that breaks news, has impact and is exclusive to AP.
- have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the diverse team of journalists at the AP who operate in all formats: text, photo, video, audio, digital/social, interactive and graphics.
- have a great news sense, with the ability to communicate and drive stories that people will want to share, like and talk about on social media and other platforms.
- pursue innovative coverage techniques while maintaining AP’s standards for integrity and objectivity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Authorization to work in Indonesia will be mandatory.
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects across formats and deliver success on a complex, challenging story lines.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Sejak 18 Juli 2019
Berakhir 17 Agustus 2019