MSI International Job Vacancy: Migrant Communities Specialist, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Migrant Communities Specialist
(Intermediate Result 3 Lead),
USAID/Indonesia Harmoni: Towards Inclusion and Resilience,
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni: Towards Inclusion and Resilience activity seeks to increase the resilience of Indonesian society to intolerance and violent extremism (VE). Harmoni will focus on supporting interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing VE in Indonesia.
** This is a full-time position, based in Jakarta and is open to Indonesian nationals only. **
The full-time Intermediate Result (IR) 3 Lead will take the lead in designing, supporting, and overseeing interventions under the Migrant Communities component of Harmoni, working closely with project partners, sub-grantees, government counterparts, and USAID. S/he will oversee sub-grantees from a programmatic standpoint, in coordination with the Harmoni’s Grants Team. The IR3 Lead will be supervised by the Senior Technical Advisor and will coordinate extensively with other IR Leads, Gender Specialist, MEL Specialist, and Harmoni Senior Management Team members.
- Conceive, design, implement, support, and manage programming under Harmoni across IR3, working with migrant communities, government agencies, civil society organizations (CSOs), USAID, and other project partners.
- Oversee and manage Harmoni grantees (CSOs, government entities) working on IR 3 aspects of Harmoni’s SOW.
- Support design and implementation of strategic communications tools and interventions under IR 3, in collaboration with the Strategic Communications Advisor.
- Develop analytics and performance indicators to quantify IR 3-related aspects of intolerance and extremism in Indonesia, and to gauge Harmoni efforts in addressing those aspects, and in achieving project objectives. Work with the MEL Specialist to craft relevant sections of the Harmoni MEL Plan and enhance its execution.
- Draft IR 3 sections of Harmoni Annual Work Plans and RFAs for soliciting grantee proposals.
- Draft sections of Harmoni Quarterly & Annual Progress Reports and other ad hoc reports or impact stories as requested by USAID, the Senior Technical Advisor, and Chief of Party.
- Deliver trainings to project staff, partners, and USAID personnel, as appropriate, on issues related to IR 3.
- Produce activity reports and briefing documents, as needed. Contribute written inputs to Harmoni progress reports and ad hoc technical documents.
- Build strong working relationships with USAID and Harmoni partners, grantees, and counterparts related to project implementation.
- Supervise short-term consultants and subcontractors as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Technical Advisor and Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven to ten years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of and experience with technical aspects of the Harmoni IR 3 scope of work and Work Plans, including experience with migrant communities and the institutions and agencies that deal with them.
- Experience with programs dealing with other Harmoni IRs (community resilience, reintegration) would be a plus.
- Strong understanding of and experience with relevant aspects of Indonesia’s governance situation, as it related to IR 3.
- Strong networking skills and broad professional network of Indonesian CSOs, government, and other institutions and individuals relevant to Harmoni and IR 3.
- Experience delivering trainings and facilitating workshops or focus group discussions on IR 3 issues for international development programs.
- Excellent communication and written skills; excellent spoken and written English.
- Expertise and professional experience with surveys, data management and analysis, preferred.
- Experience with project communications, including success stories and quarterly reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to meet tight deadlines, and to prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: 10 November 2018
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.