Mercy Corps Indonesia NZMATES Project Job Vacancy: Renewable Energy Technical Specialist, Maluku – Ambon
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make team stronger.
NZMATES Program Summary – MALUKU
The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) has, through its Aid Programme provided funding for the New Zealand – Maluku Access to Renewable Energy Support (NZMATES) programme. New Zealand-based renewable energy company Infratec Ltd. has been tasked with the delivery of the NZMATES programme. Infratec has engaged with YMCI to jointly implement this five-year programme.
The main goal of NZMATES is to improve social well-being and economic development on Seram Island in Maluku province by supporting, accelerating, and enabling the sustainable development and utilization of the areas’ renewable energy (RE) resources (mainly hydro, solar, wind, and biomass) for the benefit of local communities.
NZMATES will work towards promoting and accelerating the identification of RE projects and increase their attractiveness and viability, social and environmental assessments, technical considerations, and triggering and facilitating investment and funding from government, private sector, or other donors. NZMATES will partner and collaborate closely with PLN and EBTKE on increasing the use of renewables and improving energy access through grid-connected and off-grid RE projects.
The NZMATES Team will be based in Ambon and will provide support to fill gaps in knowledge, resources, and research, and will ensure that projects are aligned with the Government of Indonesia and community development framework and objectives. The proposed support for RE projects will include assistance with project identification and appraisal, technical and social assessments, finance matching, and project design to strengthen long-term sustainability. NZMATES is also intended to enhance local public and private sector capacity and offer opportunities for direct training, technical exchange programmes, and interaction between Maluku educational institutions and NZ renewable energy specialists.
Renewable Energy Technical Specialist – NZMATES
The Renewable Energy Technical Specialist (RETS) will be part of the NZMATES Team, based at Mercy Corps Indonesia’s office in Ambon and travel regularly to program locations in Seram. The RETS will be responsible for leading and carrying out technical assessments of potential renewable energy projects, mainly mini- and small-hydro and/or solar PV and storage technologies. The RETS will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and will be involved in the selection supervision and training of a junior Technical Officer. The RETS’ main tasks will include supporting the development of long-term sustainable business models for RE projects to ensure the financial and operational sustainability of RE projects.
Some of the key assessments the RETS will lead/conduct include scoping potential RE project sites and locations, assessing available RE resource potential and availability, conducting techno-economic studies from project identification phase (e.g. scoping, pre-design, cost estimates, and pre-feasibility studies) to technical assessments (e.g. design, feasibility studies, budgeting, and modelling), among others.
The RETS will also be engaged in supporting the development and delivery of tendering and engineering processes (e.g. detailed engineering, producing bills of materials, drawings, and layouts), providing project delivery support with others (e.g. supervision, training materials, commissioning good practices, etc.), and for project operation and maintenance (O&M) tasks.. The RETS will support and work directly with PLN and ESDM staff on potential projects, and engage with private sector entities and/or communities in developing RE project proposals as necessary.
It should be noted that while the RETS will be responsible for a wide range of technical areas, the role will be supplemented with senior or technical engineering support, from within Infratec or externally, where required at key stages during the programme. The RETS is also expected to closely engage with the NZMATES Community Engagement Specialist(s) for support in data gathering, and also to incorporate aspects of social assessments and considerations into the projects’ technical aspects.
- University degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, renewable energy technologies, or similar;
- 5-10 years’ experience in designing and delivering renewable energy projects;
- Experience conducting feasibility studies, environmental impact assessments, and other technical studies in the renewable energy field;
- Renewable energy and energy storage technology experience – preferably one or more of the following:
- Experience using renewable energy and energy storage modelling and design software (e.g. HOMER Pro®, RETScreen, iHOGA, DER-CAM, Excel-based tools, or others);
- Experience using solar PV design and modelling software/tools (e.g. PVSyst, SolarGIS, Meteonorm, Sunny Design); and/or
- Experience using GIS tools and hydropower modelling software/tools (e.g. Casimir, PEACH, Hydrohelp, others).
- Experience using drawing software (e.g. AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Draft Sight);
- Experience in costing RE projects, use of financial analysis tools (e.g. SAM), using pricing or estimation techniques or software (e.g. Pronamics, Excel, other tools), and developing RE project budgets;
- Experience in developing bill of materials for renewable energy projects;
- Experience in developing tendering documentation, detailed design and engineering, and with supporting entities as owners engineer is desirable;
- Some knowledge of conceptual or detailed design of LV and HV network installations will be advantageous;
- Practical, hands-on experience working in energy access and/or renewable energy programmes;
- Strong communications skills and experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience working in Maluku province and understanding of local context will be highly valued;
- English language skills an advantage.
Please send your CV together with form on this LINK with position applied on the email subject to email@example.com
Vacancy will be closed 03 June 2018 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.