Mercy Corps Indonesia Job Vacancy: Program Manager – Rural Youth Program, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make team stronger.
Promoting Entrepreneurship and Digital Financial Services for Rural Youth Program Summary
One of the drivers of urbanization is unequal access to high value jobs and generally fewer economic opportunities in the rural areas. FAO and IFAD (2017) indicate that the lack of work opportunities in rural areas is partly due to sizeable connectivity gaps between rural and urban areas, including infrastructure, social services, and economic opportunities. Most rural youth remain primarily engaged in low productivity agriculture and the informal rural non-farm economy. In partnership with a Corporate Foundation, Mercy Corps Indonesia will be implementing the Promoting Entrepreneurship and Digital Financial Services for Rural Youth Program in Bojonegoro/Tuban and Malang Districts. By the end of the program, it is hoped that 1,500 rural youth (at least 40% of whom are young women) will have knowledge and usage of digital financial services. It is hoped that 600 of the rural youth trained and mentored will have developed a new business, diversified their existing business, or obtained a better paying job. Of those 600 rural youth trained and mentored, 150 youth entrepreneurs will have created one new local job and 300 rural youth will have increased their income.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of the program, focusing on researches on rural youth job and business development and rollout of a set of framework training and mentoring around entrepreneurship, business development, and access to finance. S/he will supervise a project team consisting of 4 staff as well as consultants; and will collaborate closely with the program partners, particularly with the value chain actors, business development services providers, financial institutions, university, community business organisations, and government agencies (local and national).
This position will travel to Bojonegoro/Tuban and Malang Districts.
- University degree, preferable in social sciences, economics or business development
- 3+ years’ experience working in development programs with strong emphasis on micro and small enterprises business development, entrepreneurship and access to finance
- 3+ years’ experience working as program manager with strong project management skills, including financial management, supervision, and operational management skills.
- Experience working with the private sectors and with government agencies (local and national).
- Knowledge on digital financial services would be an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of program outputs, outcomes and impact (familiarity with quantitative and qualitative measurement methods)
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please send your CV together with form on this LINK with position applied on the email subject to: [email protected]
Vacancy will be closed 10 June 2018 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.