Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari Job Vacancy: Junior Analyst, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
JUNIOR ANALYST / RESEARCHER
Program: Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari (LTKL Secretariat)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Position Type: Full-Time Consultant
About Lingkar TemuKabupaten Lestari
The Sustainable Districts Platform (or Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari / “LTKL”)is a membership based coalition with Kabupaten, represented by Bupati, as its members. LTKL intends to connect the dots and create impactful partnership to wards sustainable jurisdiction focusing on land-use, within and between Kabupaten through innovative convening method. A ‘Sustainable Jurisdiction’ will balance environment, social and economy aspects within its policy, planning and programs with concrete goals to (i) increase GDP of districts, (ii) alleviate poverty and (iii) moving towards zero deforestation and peat. LTKL is supported by a Partners Network which provide strategic support (in-kind and resources) and guidance to Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari through its national and direct district’s engagement. At this moment, LTKL has eight districts as the members and 11 organization as the members.
LTKL is also supported by a Secretariat team responsible to facilitate, monitor and report on LTKL strategic activities through an integrated platform. It will also be in-charge to conduct strategic research and analysis on building blocks for sustainable land-use.
In July 2017, eight districts of the six provinces, namely Musi Banyuasin, Rokan Hulu, Siak, Batang hari, Labuan batu Utara, Sintang, Sanggau, and Sigi in collaboration with Association of Districts Governance in Indonesia (APKASI) and development partners including SPKS, IDH, Rainforest Alliance and WRI Indonesia established LTKL as a partnership towards impactful collaboration to support the sustainable jurisdiction enhancement which balances economic, social and environment aspects, focusing on land-use, within and/or among the districts with an innovative methods. This open network intends to expand and collaborate with other districts and other network of smallholders, private sector and development partners such as Tropical Forest Alliance 2020 to push forward the sustainable vision. It also highlights key priority topic in moving forward:
- Prevention of Forest and Peatland Fires;
- Sustainable Commodities
- Social Forestry and Agrarian Reform
- Conservation and Restoration
- Energy and Electrification.
One of the expected functions of LTKL is to ‘connect the dots’ between stakeholders. To date, LTKL Secretariat have attempted to create a shared, safe and innovative solution-oriented circle of discussion among its members and partners to objectively analyse progress, opportunities and challenges in implementing sustainable vision through district leadership. It also aims to enhance interconnection between the group.For this purpose, LTKL Secretariat intends to construct LTKL related analysis on documents and materials to strengthen LTKL’s Researches for the period of2018-2020 with specific activities outlined for the period of 2018, taking in to account LTKL 2030 long term development target.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and finalize LTKL Analysis on the requested matters and materials for the development of LTKL’s materials and data including to thedistricts unit relations for the period of 2018-2020 with specific activities outlined for the period of 2018, taking into account LTKL 2030 long term development target.
In its process, such Analysis and Research shall reflect and/or include the following elements:
- Unique combination of necessary collaboration and/or interaction between (i) LTKL members, (ii) LTKL Partners Network members, (iii) LTKL members and Partners Network members, (iv) LTKL with other districts, (v) LTKL with National Government and (vi) LTKL with other third-party strategic stakeholders;
- Strategic recommendation(s) regarding operational structure and implementation of the Strategy under LTKL Secretariat, including (i) timeline, (ii) potential partners’, (iii) potential Key Opinion Leaders, (iv) potential strategic dates and/or events identification;
- Identification of necessary data / research analysis tools to support implementation (i.e. presentation scheme, materials’ brief, stock tacking materials and information, analysis and researches on sustainable issues, Material Development, Field Visits, Training,etc.);
- Knowledge Transfer and capacity building elements for LTKL members and LTKL Partners Network on implementation and access to market, private sectors network (local and national KADIN, local & national HIPMI, local & national business association (i.e IBCSD, Responsible Business Forum, PIS Agro, Coffee Council, Cocoa Council, Coconut Council, etc.), Paludi-culture Working Group BRG, local university; and
- Harnessing data and supporting materials for the communication and engagement process of the secretariat as well as for the regional development process on sustainable jurisdiction; and
- Research components to identify updated issues and information for the secretariat LTKL advantages.
In collaboration with LTKL Secretariat, construct and execute participatory process to ensure the Analysis on the materials and data are acknowledged and communicated by relevant key stakeholders, including LTKL members, LTKL Partners Network and/or other third party as relevant;
As interim duties during the period of this contract, Business development of LTKL will be able to provide recommendations through:
- Strategic recommendations and inputs to LTKL strategic models as developed by LTKL Secretariat;
- Working in close coordination with the LTKL’s Secretariat on necessary stakeholders and/or network’s engagement for the themes; and
Assisting on the proposal development process of secretariat by supporting thedata and information.
- Bachelor degree in data analysis, research, environmental study or other relevant studies with minimum two years of relevant experiences;
- Experiences in supporting or preparing related materials for the development of information.
- Experiences in deliveries of good quality data / information on the related topic of LTKL (as requested per issues when necessary).
- Understand sustainable development context and the districts needs especially in peat area.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English as well as well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
TERM of OFFER
Junior Research Consultants is expected to start immediately. Contract duration covers the period of September 2018 – July 2019, full time work as consultant. Extendable based on performance evaluation and program needs.
Junior Research Consultants will report on monthly basis to the Head of Secretariat of LTKL and provide input and suggestions for the researches materials.
Junior Research Consultant will be stationed in Jakarta, with travels is necessary based on the needs to the relevant districts.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- A detailed curriculum vitae sent to email: email@example.com before 10th of September 2018
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.