Kopernik Job Vacancy: Program Manager (Emergency Response), Palu – Central Sulawesi
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
On 28 September 2018, a shallow, large earthquake struck in the neck of the Minahasa Peninsula, Indonesia, with its epicentre located in the mountainous Donggala Regency, Central Sulawesi.
The combined effects of the 7.5 magnitude earthquake and an estimated maximum of 4 to 7 metres tsunami caused severe destruction in Palu, Donggala and Sigi. The earthquake caused major soil liquefaction in areas in and around Palu. In two locations this led to mudflows in which many buildings became submerged. At least 2,100 people are confirmed dead after the disaster and more than 10,000 others injured, of which 4,612 were seriously injured. More than 70,000 houses are reported to be damaged, forcing tens of thousands of people to live in shelters and tents.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, experienced individual to lead the Emergency Program to be based in Palu.
This position will be working to identify evacuation points that need the most assistance, assess the needs of the evacuees, and to address the basic needs of the evacuees, as well ass to coordinate the relief effort as the needs evolve.
Program design, implementation and management
- Develop and implement Disaster Response programming across the following areas:
- Water and sanitation tools distribution & personal hygiene awareness
- Solar light and device charging kit distribution
- Camp improvement initiatives
- Toilets, hand/washing stations construction and education
- Community preparation for eruption & post eruption strategies
- Simple livelihood initiatives in evacuation centres
- Develop and implement new Disaster Response initiatives that are responsive to evolving needs.
Situation assessment and analysis
- Closely monitor events in order to contribute to an accurate analysis of the fluid operating environment.
- Conduct needs assessments in affected locations to determine the types of emergency-related needs that need to be addressed.
- Interpret, summarize and present the findings and actionable recommendations in a succinct, visual way.
- Strategically analyse inputs from a variety of formal and non formal sources.
- Guide the team in necessary program adjustments should the eruption or other disaster situation occur.
Funding and financial management
- Ensure proper financial management systems are followed on behalf of internal as well as partnership based initiatives.
- Identify and acquire new funding sources for the program.
Coordination and Reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of high quality reports – substantive and financial.
- Sign off on external communications related to the program prior to publishing.
- Maintain good relationships with key non-government organisations, community and government actors, donors and volunteers.
- Recruit and manage performance of new team members on Emergency Response team.
- Supervise and mentor formal and informal Emergency Response team members, consultants and advisors.
Skills and behaviors:
- Fluency in Indonesian and English.
- Strong communicator with ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging and potentially unstable environments.
- Optimistic nature, honest, ethical, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Experience managing and motivating teams.
- Creative and keen to innovate.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Indonesian national.
- University degree in relevant field (humanitarian response, public health, international development or related fields). Master Degree preferred.
- Full understanding of of Sphere emergency guidelines.
- At least 5 years professional experience including direct experience in fast paced emergency environments and program management.
- Fluency in excel, powerpoint, Google Drive Cloud based documents and very strong analytical skills. Impact and data focused.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships with government and donor agencies.
APPLICATION CLOSED ON THE 28th of October 2018.
Only candidates who apply via website will be considered.