KIAT Project Job Vacancy: Senior Program Officer – Transport, Jakarta
Cardno Emerging Markets was awarded a design and implement contract for the Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur (Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure) (KIAT). The design is now complete and Cardno is currently in negotiations with DFAT for the implementation of the program. KIAT is a 10-year facility with an indicative budget of A$300m.
KIAT’s overarching goal is to support ‘Sustainable and inclusive economic growth through improved access to infrastructure for all people’. To support this goal, KIAT will work with GOI, DFAT, private sector, MDBs and other development partners, and civil society stakeholders to help achieve the following ‘End-of-facility Outcomes’ (EOFOs):
- Improved GOI policy and regulatory framework for infrastructure development;
- High quality projects prepared and financed by GOI, the private sector and / or MDBs;
- High quality infrastructure delivery, management and maintenance by GOI.
As the managing contractor for KIAT Program, Cardno is looking for Senior Program Officer (SPO) – Transport.
The Senior Program Officer –Transport will work with Deputy Director Transport Planning, Policy and Delivery, other transport programme officers and relevant lead advisers to meet the overall objectives of the transport unit and KIAT facility. The role will be responsible for design, delivery, procurement, implementation and monitoring of activities especially in Directorate General of Highways.
The Senior Programme Officer – Transport will be key interface for the consultant teams working on delivery of relevant technical assistance activities. The role will also provide dedicated professional support to ensure that technical assistance activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner delivering value for money and quality. If needed, Senior Programme Officer – Transport will also work with the relevant lead advisers to ensure key messages are reinforced with senior decision makers and that appropriate responses and follow up are made in a timely manner at Ministry / Departmental level. The Senior Program Officer – Transport will participate in the review of policy and implementation issues with senior transport sector counterparts and will report on the progress of activities, the performance of consultants and the quality of deliverables.
- Programme management and implementation
- Consultant management and procurement support
- Compliance of all activities with KIAT facility objectives
- Assist with identification, scoping, and concept development for assigned road network activities led by lead advisers.
- Co-lead the preparation of activity design documents with the relevant lead advisers.
- Support Operations team in development of bidding documents, procurement plans and procurement process management for relevant activities.
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the assigned road network activities.
- Quality assure the deliverables from the consultant teams before submission for formal approval and conduct regular meetings with the consultant teams to assess progress and quality of technical assistance.
- Work through the lead advisers to ensure that key messages are reinforced with senior decision makers and that appropriate responses and follow up are taken in a timely manner at Ministry/Departmental level.
- Work through the lead advisers to seek GoI counterpart approvals for the activity design and implementation as and when needed.
- Provide effective management and liaison with the stakeholders through relevant lead advisers, where available and directly elsewhere for the ongoing and planned activities under the program of support, including Bappenas, CMEA, MoT, MoHA, MoF, MSOE and related local governments.
- Brief consultants at the commencement of their inputs on cross cutting issues and other KIAT requirements and during activity implementation on complying with the requirements of KIAT Activity Design Documents in achieving outputs and outcomes.
- Monitor the risks to the delivery of activities through regularly updating the activity risk registers.
- Keep track of the value for money indicators, budget spends and contract variations.
- Monitor and report on the progress of the programs and consultants, the performance of consultants and the quality of deliverables.
- Provide cover for other transport team members where needed.
- Any other professional work as directed by Deputy Director Transport Planning, Policy and Delivery.
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in engineering/transport planning from a recognized university.
- At least 15 years of professional working experience in a comparable role.
- Experience working with aid/donor programs.
- Fluent in both the Indonesian and English languages in writing and speaking.
- Scrupulous attention to maintaining the high standards of probity expected by the KIAT Facility.
- Self-motivated, innovative, creative and having lateral thinking ability.
- Willing to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to assist and support the team members.
- This position is open to Indonesian nationals only.
- Availability for an immediate start.
Reports to: Deputy Director – Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Contract: LES Fixed Term
Commencement: August 2018
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Remuneration: Based on the experience of the successful candidate and current market rates
How to apply
To apply for this position please send you application letter and current CV (not more than 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org and and please quoting “KIAT SPO – Transport” in the email subject line.
Applications close 5.00pm, Monday, 02 July 2018, Indonesian Time.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Any offer of employment will require criminal record checks.