Kartika Soekarno Foundation Job Vacancy: Programme Coordinator – Maternal and Child Health, Sumatera, Jawa, Bali & NTB
The Kartika Soekarno Foundation for Indonesian Children (KSF) was founded in response to the Southeast Asian economic crisis. Working closely with UNICEF and CARE-USA, KSF raised considerable funds for the ‘Preventing a Lost Generation’ campaign, a programme designed to keep young children in school during the period of severe economic hardship.
KSF continued to raise funds for UNICEF’s Indonesia programme but in 2004, having built a very experienced and knowledgeable team based in Jakarta, began funding independent education programmes in three districts across the archipelago, shortly followed by health programmes in another three districts. Until 2018, KSF has already revitalized 290 community health centers (called Posyandu) in 7 districts; Solok (West Sumatra), Central Jakarta (DKI Jakarta), Kebumen (Central Java), Blitar (East Java), Gresik (East Java), Gianyar (Bali), and West Sumba (East Nusa Tenggara).
Now, we are looking for a competent Coordinator of Maternal and Child Health Programme to undertake a variety of administrative and programme management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
The coordinator programme will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and shall work closely to the Health Programme Advisor. General duties and responsibilities of the local project officer are:
- Design framework and planning program (Annual Work Plan)
- Have a role in different advocacy and communication to whole stakeholders (International Donors, Embassies, Government, and other partners)
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Conduct RFQs, review vendors and consultants, make contract and handling the procurement process.
- Give technical assistance to develop various strengthen communities’ strategies through initiated community’s streeing committee.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda in every level (National, regional, and local specific area)
- Have frequent field visit to observe ongoing programs to ensure that implementation of field activities adheres the monitoring and evaluation system and make sure the sustainability on areas of intervention and support partners/consultant in conducting baseline and endline surveys
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Make the content related tyo the program in external publications; newsletter, fact sheet, leaflet, press release etc.
- University degree, preferably in the area of Health, Nutrition, or Social Science
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office, Ms Word, Power Point and Excel
- Proven ability to work in intercultural condition
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication in English
An excellent programme coordinator should be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards. If you have further skills in program development and human resources support, we’d like to meet you.
Please send letter of application with contact phone number, CV and expecting salary to email@example.com not later than 15 December 2018. Please put the position title in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.