Karina Indonesia Job Vacancy: Finance Officer, East Jakarta
Job Title : Finance Officer
Location : East Jakarta
Division : Program
Date : A.S.A.P.
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Karina is established in 2006 with focus on disaster management issue which is translate into 4 programs, namely DRR, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) acts as an animator, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
The Finance Unit is one of the 3 (three) Units in Support Division. The other unit are HR and Administration.
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(describe under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting Support Manager in the monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report, Assist in Institutional Audit and the reconciliations of projects reports and banks, ensure KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) compliance with Indonesian Accounting and Taxation regulations and ensure compliance with Donors regulations. Ensure timely delivery of periodic financial reports to Support Manager.
REPORTING TO: Finance Coordinator
The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension
- Prepare monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report and with monthly recommendation for best practices of financial/accounting procedures.
- Assist in reviewing and implementing the accounting software’s.
- Assist in Institutional Audit Process.
- Assist in reconciling Global Proposal project report for final Audit report.
- Assist in reconciliation of KARINA project reports, with cash, banks, payable, accruals and income – expenditures.
- In charge for preparing and submission of tax report to government.
- Review and advice on new regulation on Accounting and Tax from government.
- Responsible for two new financial project reports, and prepare monthly Budget Monitoring to Project Officer in charge.
- Responsible for contractual regulations with donors and its funding allocation.
- Keeping and monitoring Advance Register, daily cash position and petty cash transaction.
- Travel to KARINA’s project sites.
- Undertakes any other duties that may be requested by the Support Manager.
- Deus Caritas Est., especially second part, about organized charity action.
- Knowledge of Catholic Church Structure and working mechanism
- Based on KARINA and CI guiding values and principles.
- Working in a team, internally with program staffs ad working team from other institution.
- Good planning and good implementation.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidence).
- Write Back to Office Report (to be circulated internally by Communication Officer) after attending meetings/conferences/workshops/trainings/events/site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
Salary Offering Scale : Rp. 4.000.000 – 6.000.000 Gross
- Graduate from D3/S1/S2 economic (Accounting/Finance/Management)
- At least 3 year experience in Finance
- At least 3 years experience working with local partners
- Experience in working within consortiums highly desirable
- Experience in organizational development highly desirable
- Skills in advisory support to partners, whilst managing partner accompaniment of projects project
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and the ability to Sensitivity to gender issues.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications and finance software
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia: written and oral.