Jhpiego Job Vacancy: Field Officer – Gowa District, South Sulawesi
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of health care services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative approaches to develop human resources for better health service. We are seeking a FIELD OFFICER.
The Indonesia MOH has a goal of achieving ’triple elimination’ of PMTCT of HBV, HIV and syphilis by 2020, yet program implementation is still in the early stages. While guidelines for universal immunization of babies have been in place since November 2017, the Indonesian health system is decentralized and understanding of regulations, funding and implementation varies by district. Screening of pregnant women for Hepatitis B at the health center (Puskesmas) level is also recent, having only begun in 2017.. Thus, the MOH Sub-Directorate of Hepatitis has noted district program implementation as a key area for support.
The project builds on Jhpiego’s decades of maternal and child health program implementation experience at the national, provincial and district levels. Jhpiego has been developing an innovative e-referral system (SijariEMAS) to help health workers at primary care centers quickly communicate and coordinate higher level care for patients, making sure that women and newborns who need urgent care receive it in a timely and efficient manner and Increasing Hepatitis B Virus Awareness and Knowledge among Pregnant Women, Their Families and Health Providers in South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
- Serve as the program’s primary representative in the district
- Provide technical assistance of Hepatitis Program and use of web application to provider/health facility
- Ensure the process of Hepatitis screaming and follow up during ANC:
- The first screening of Hepatitis-B for pregnant mother during ANC
- Follow up mechanism for mother with HBsAg positive
- Referral system for screening follow up
- Service coordination among facility
- Work closely with Technical Team Leader and Program Officer in order to prepare district activities and project implementation
- Coordinate and organized activities in facilities, including site visits by Jhpiego & donor
- Conducting the capacity building for health workers based on identified gap
- Facilitating the FGD (Focus Group Discussion) with health worker and community
- Educate midwives in the pilot district to help pregnant women to subscribe to INFOBunda system
- Monitor the use of application by pregnant mother through Midwife coordination meeting
- Promote midwife participation in SMS and Web application based
- Contribute to monthly, activity and progress report.
- Perform data collection at facility on Hepatitis-B first screening during ANC at health center
- Work together with PT.STI web developer as necessary
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners in facilities (Hospital/Puskesmas/Private Practice Midwife) and district Stakeholders (IBI/BKKBN /DHO/POGI)
- Work based : Gowa district, South Sulawesi
- Medical or Public Health educational background.
- Background and experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health
- 5 years’ experience in related activities (maternal Health, Communicable disease, Digital health, and or other public health)
- Experience and comfortable working in hospitals and Puskesmas
- Familiar with the ANC mechanism in health center
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, tackle and report on problems in coordination with a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Experience collecting, analyzing and contextualizing clinical data
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal writing and oral presentation communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesian and in English
- Experience working with international non-profit organizations
- Ability and willingness to travel to designated facilities within the district as needed
Please e-mail cover letter, CV, and indicate the position of interest in the subject of your email to IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org
Vacancy will be closed within two weeks of this . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Johns Hopkins University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment