IUWASH PLUS Job Vacancy: Temporary WASH Media Engagement Specialist, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua’ (USAID IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including:
- Improving household WASH services;
- Strengthening city WASH institutional performance;
- Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and
- Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision. To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
Temporary WASH Media Engagement Specialist based in Jakarta Office
(JOB CODE : TMES-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The IUWASH PLUS WASH Temporary Media Engagement Specialist will work under the direction of the IUWASH PLUS Advocacy and Communications Advisor/Component 4 Team Lead as part of the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team. He/she will responsible for effective management and implementation of media advocacy work as part of the IUWASH PLUS strategy aimed at raising understanding, changing behaviors, and influencing actions of relevant stakeholders toward improving water supply and sanitation access in urban Indonesia, especially for the poor households, during the assignment period.
The tasks and responsibilities of the WASH Media Engagement Specialistwill include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop media advocacy calendar and action plan and manage the implementation accordingly for the period of April-June 2019, which aim to raise understanding, change behaviors, and influence actions of relevant stakeholders toward improvement of WASH service delivery in urban Indonesia;
- Develop and maintain inventory of media resources (media channels, representatives, training materials, support agencies and associations, etc.)
- Conduct support for government advocacy, related to improving WASH sector delivery in urban Indonesia, especially for the poor households;
- Work together with other Components (1, 2 and 3) teams for utilizing media advocacy to promote strategic issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Support regional team for media advocacy implementation by providing guideline and activities management direction;
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the media advocacy program that would include media monitoring as well as other M&E approaches.
- Develop content, manage, and update project social medias following to the objectives and schedule in the social media strategy.
- Produce media advocacy materials in accordance with USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Together with the Project Communications Team assist in producing government advocacy materials that follow USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Contribute to component work plans and monitoring systems for targeted achievements;
- Contribute to regular reporting of IUWASH PLUS results and outcomes, including regular submission of field experience stories;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with regional project counterparts and stakeholders at all levels and maintain linkages with related projects and stakeholders;
- Regular contributions to biweekly, quarterly and annuals reports as well as the annual work plans;
- Regular contributions of success story from activities;
- Monthly media monitoring and social media metric (together with Project Comm. Associate)
- Occasional technical reports, publications, press releases, and media notes related to IUWASH PLUS work in media engagement and advocacy;
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as communications; public relations or journalism;
- At least six (6) years of experience in managing media relations activities;
- At least four (4) years of experience working in advocacy, communication or knowledge management involving government stakeholders;
- Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and basic English competency;
- Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion and knowledge events;
- Has experience in managing implementing partners from CSOs/NGOS/GOI;
- Understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene issues is an advantage;
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel substantially within Indonesia.
Expected Start Date : Early March 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.email@example.com before January 31, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email.
We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.