IUWASH Job Vacancy: National Coordinator for Micro Finance, Jakarta
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
- Support IUWASH PLUS Regional program activities on micro finance through:
- Work closely with regional team of WASH Finance Specialist to identify micro finance institution that include cooperatives, community credit organizations, commercial banks and provincial development banks as platforms for regional WASH investment in supporting micro finance program as funding source for WASH products in increasing WASH access for poor and vulnerable population.
- Support WASH Finance Specialist in structuring and streamlining credit programs managed directly by PDAMs, assessing financial viability, loan evaluation criteria, operating procedures, and integration of credit options into their marketing and customer processing.
- Support BC/Marketing Specialist in delivering information of micro finance program to households in improving WASH access.
- Support Component 3 in preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.
- Maintaining regular contact with Regional WASH Financing Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers, WASH Financing Advisor on priority technical issues.
- Support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on micro finance program for WASH products accessible to all activities areas:
- Engage national stakeholders in the effort to strengthen micro finance program in developing the national regulation for WASH improvement.
- Engage the Indonesian Finance Services Authority (OJK) in establishing regulation to support micro finance institution to broaden involvement in WASH improvement.
- Support WASH Financing advisor in the implementation of all activities under Component 3 and ensure strong linkages between Component 3 with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 1 (Improving household WASH services); Component 2 (Strengthening city WASH institutional performance) and Component 4 (Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication).
- Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation component to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
- Support the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, to implement the monitoring program to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS interventions on strengthening small WASH entreprises, including direct support, where required, of the Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
- Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Economics or Financial Management.
- At least 5-years experiences providing technical assistance or as a consultant of micro finance program.
- Experiences in micro finance in relation to seeking financial source to small enterprise to improve its business.
- Having experience working with micro finance institution; assisting product development and the development of strategic plan for micro finance institution especially for a cooperative in doing business supporting micro finance for WASH products.
- Having experience working in development program especially in relation to the microfinance
- Having experience working with national, central and local government relating to the micro finance program advocacy would be additional credit points.
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
- Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
- Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date : Available immediately