Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Shelter Specialist, Palu – Central Sulawesi
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
ISLAMIC RELIEF WORLDWIDE
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical area are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit a SHELTER SPECIALIST, based in our Palu office – Central Sulawesi.
Post holder direct reports to : Officer in Charge in Palu – Central Sulawesi
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Shelter Specialist provides support for the implementation of shelter projects and is expected to be able to provide support in all aspects of the program related to shelter management. These include technical and engineering assistance, report and project evaluation production, insurance of financial accountability and have the ability to act as focal point on shelter issues. Shelter Experts will primarily, but not exclusively be deployed to IR Palu Office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze on-ground situations and identify/quantify shelter needs with communities and stakeholders and recommend possible action plan and interventions.
- Design or assist in designing shelter layout, drawings and bill of quantities based on the needs of the affected population (friendly for children, disabilities, elderly, and other groups).
- Develop procedures for transition from emergency shelter to longer-term shelter recovery planning, and ensure cost effectiveness in the process.
- Create budgets of estimated construction costs, and develop tender documents.
- Collect data and analyses lessons learned on shelter solutions to determine best practices.
- Ensure issues related to protection and inclusion (safeguarding and accessibility with strong gender justice component are addressed in site plans and shelter options.
- Make sure that the affected population is involved in the processes, when reasonable.
- Ensure that safety issues and environmental and sustainability matters are taken into account in the technical design and works on site.
- Improve the sustainability and durability of shelter solutions by developing the capacity of beneficiaries through adequate training and coaching.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of the construction work carried out in the field and ensure highest quality of implementation and that contractors abide by the internationally recognized standards of health and safety for the works, adjacent properties, all site personnel and the general public.
- Follow up and ensure that projects are executed within allocated budgets and in conformance to the set design and specifications.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the relevant agency and appropriate stakeholders.
Education and Experience requested:
- University Degree in civil engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within development or humanitarian aid sectors – Experience managing project implementation and community-based field teams
- Experienced individuals in temporary shelter and schools construction and permanent as well.
- Understand and be committed to the implementation and fulfillment of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply. Islamic Relief promotes equality and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address:
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 14 January 2019