Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Protection & Inclusion Coordinator, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten Province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program are Health, Disaster Preparedness, Education, Shelter, Livelihoods and Orphans Support. The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, Banten and NTB provinces.
Post holder reports to : Country Director
The Protection and inclusion (P&I) coordinator leads on “Leave no one behind” and “Do no harm” agendas to be integrated into all Islamic Relief Indonesia humanitarian Response 2018 and in other programmes, and ensures commitments towards Core Humanitarian Standards and inclusion Charter. The candidate must have the ability to forge strong partnerships with key stakeholders to meet the objectives.
Key working Relationship
- Work closely with Country Line Manager, and for support HQ technical advisor (Gender, Child Protection, Age and Disability) to ensure mainstreaming of inclusion and protection into IR programmes.
- Work closely with M&E unit to ensure CHS commitments and accountability components are addressed n IR programmes.
- Support the development and delivery of inclusive, sensitive and accountable programmes under protection mainstreaming umbrella.
- Channel key recommendations and messaging to IR Advocacy initiatives, as necessary, to influence policy and practice on inclusion and protection.
- Work with the communities, IR staff and other key stakeholders within country to build their capacity on protection and inclusion, which includes child protection, prevention of GBV, inclusion of all ages and disabilities and accountable systems.
- Contribute to and facilitate a programme of results-based protection programming through a consultative process with sector and/or cluster partners.
- Ensure that IR’s Inclusive approach to programming is consistently applied through community-based protection methods.
- Build/ strengthen active partnerships with relevant government agencies and specialised NGOs/ CSOs partners, and strengthen referral systems in areas of Child protection and GBV;
- Network with key external stakeholders to find areas of collaboration, best practice, innovation, knowledge sharing and partnerships.
- Identify training needs and build the capacity of IR local staff on inclusion, protection and CHS accountability components.
- Ensure data collection mechanisms are in place and data is collected and analysed periodically
- Conduct conflict sensitivity analysis exercise with relevant stakeholders and ensure IR programmes “Do no harm” in their communities.
- Ensure gender, age and diversity analysis is done and updated regularly to respond to beneficiaries needs
- Provide technical support on inclusion and protection for new bids and proposals to ensure it is weaved into planning phase.
- Proactively exchange learning and synergy with all involved stakeholders.
- Drafts relevant sections of reports required for donors, management, annual reports.
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation personnel for timely evaluation of projects;
- Participate and influence external platforms on protection and inclusivity.
University degree in one of the relevant areas- International Law, Human Rights, or Social Science
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree and preferably 2 years of relevant professional work experience in human rights issues, protection and/ or child protection and GBV. Working in emergency or conflict situations is an asset.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good advocacy, analytical skills
- Teamwork/working with people
- Drive for results Learning Elements
- Be familiar with IR overall programming in unstable situations;
- Articulate methodology of programme and project management;
- Articulate rights based and results based programming in IR;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of IR policies and strategy to address child protection and GBV issues;
- Demonstrate enhanced knowledge of inclusive programming approach to child protection and GBV issues.
- Good understanding of GBV and guidelines in preventing in humanitarian action.
- Good understanding of CHS Commitments, SPHERE, minimum standards of age and disability inclusion
- Good understanding of minimum standards on child protection
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address:
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 3 November 2018